Homebrew Share and Download custom Wii U Themes

prince_pokey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can edit the base color of the cursor (the white hand) in cursor.bflyt by changing the background color of CursorBase. Changing the outline per player though has alluded me. Not sure where those values are, though I believe I may have just now discovered another valued that had been alluding me as well. Quite possible some updates to old themes could be dropping soon.
i just figured that the different players' colors were all kept in the Cursor_CursorNumber.bflan. when you play the animation in Switch Toolbox (at least for me), it plays as colored squares over the player cursor. i'm largely just speculating, but maybe those determine player colors over CursorBaseAlpha?

since the cursors i'm wanting to have are all black, i could just set each keyframe value (for CursorBaseAlpha) to 0, and Switch Toolbox shows everything right, so i haven't done too much with it. i figure it's saved as RGB values of some sort though

my main question regards -- i've changed the direct files for the cursor. all the *.bflim files, and it's not showing up in the finished theme when i export everything to Men.pack and install to my wii U (it only shows the color edit from your White Dark Theme). i didn't know if you could help me with that, if you knew anything about it? but if not, that's cool too, i'll just have to experiment some more with it haha

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can edit the base color of the cursor (the white hand) in cursor.bflyt by changing the background color of CursorBase. Changing the outline per player though has alluded me. I'm feeling a little motivated to look for those values again, I'll let you know if I ever have any luck.
Quick follow up, I believe i've located the P1, P2, P3, and P4 color values, It would appear that these values are edited in Cursor)CursorNumber.bflan I believe the RGB values for Key Frame 0 and 1 appear to be the blue of player 1, the values of Key Frame 2 and 3 appears to be the red of player 2, values of Key Frame 4 and 5 appears to be the green of player 3, and Key Frame 6 appears to be the yellow of player 4, why only one keyframe for player 4?

Having done a test though, changing Player 1's RGB values caused the game to crash when I tried to make the wiimote cursor appear.

edit: lol I see that's exactly where you believe the values to be too. Unfortunately, the system did crash for me, so this might be something that isn't as straightforward as it would seem.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

prince_pokey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can edit the base color of the cursor (the white hand) in cursor.bflyt by changing the background color of CursorBase. Changing the outline per player though has alluded me. I'm feeling a little motivated to look for those values again, I'll let you know if I ever have any luck.
sounds good! and same here, i figure

prince_pokey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick follow up, I believe i've located the P1, P2, P3, and P4 color values, It would appear that these values are edited in Cursor)CursorNumber.bflan I believe the RGB values for Key Frame 0 and 1 appear to be the blue of player 1, the values of Key Frame 2 and 3 appears to be the red of player 2, values of Key Frame 4 and 5 appears to be the green of player 3, and Key Frame 6 appears to be the yellow of player 4, why only one keyframe for player 4?

Having done a test though, changing Player 1's RGB values caused the game to crash when I tried to make the wiimote appear.

edit: lol I see that's exactly where you believe the values to be too. Unfortunately, the system did crash for me, so this might be something that isn't as straightforward as it would seem.
(OH the next page didn't load for me for a second. that last reply is my bad)

oh jeez, i didn't expect it to cause a crash.. that hadn't really happened for me, but then again, i'm not really sure if any of my cursor changes have had an effect so far, so i guess i'll just have to find out. X3

i think i'll just be experimenting with this for a little bit in the next couple days, so if i get any ideas or anything else pops up i'll follow this up

prince_pokey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i MIGHT have gotten it right, and found out how to change -- but i'm not sure, because for some reason, the TV-swap icon is now always purple and my cursor is always black-and-blue (as in, from your dark themes). if i'm doing something obvious wrong, please let me know, otherwise i dunno why this is happening

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i MIGHT have gotten it right, and found out how to change -- but i'm not sure, because for some reason, the TV-swap icon is now always purple and my cursor is always black-and-blue (as in, from your dark themes). if i'm doing something obvious wrong, please let me know, otherwise i dunno why this is happening
I couldn't tell you what happened to make the TV Swap icon purple. But if the cursor is remaining black and blue, then you're probably not finding the correct spot that alters the P1, P2, P3, and P4 colors, explaining why the blue remains, and I'm gonna assume you used my cursor.bflyt as a base and haven't changed the background color of CursorBase from black. But if you have and it remains black, then I don't know what to tell ya haha.

prince_pokey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't tell you what happened to make the TV Swap icon purple. But if the cursor is remaining black and blue, then you're probably not finding the correct spot that alters the P1, P2, P3, and P4 colors, explaining why the blue remains, and I'm gonna assume you used my cursor.bflyt as a base and haven't changed the background color of CursorBase from black. But if you have and it remains black, then I don't know what to tell ya haha.
whatever it is, i guess it's still some sort of progress, haha. i'll reply again if i find any, like, actually working changes x3

prince_pokey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
although i feel like i'm getting the hang of editing these files in general, one problem i'm having is with actually importing them -- as soon as i try to install any of my themes in-progress (to see if everything's all good, for example?), it always infinitely loads the wii u menu and i have to use tiramisu to change the theme back and load into it.. i'm sure something is obviously wrong but i seriously got no idea. if you know any better than i do then lemme know what i can do to fix it, i'll be trial-and-error the next few days. x3

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don’t do that, you have a high chance of happening of what happened to you, did you have tiramisu installed?
Well it's fine if they did go that route, it's not as reliable as using the Theme Manager to install a theme, but as long as they have CBHC or Tiramisu (which it sounds like they do have Tiramisu), they should be able to get into the Homebrew Launcher on launch of the Wii U and then enter either the Theme Manager or FTP again and install a theme again to fix their softbrick. I certainly would recommend the Theme Manager over FTP as it more reliably properly installs on first attempt, but either really is fine so long the Wii U has a coldboot hack.

although i feel like i'm getting the hang of editing these files in general, one problem i'm having is with actually importing them -- as soon as i try to install any of my themes in-progress (to see if everything's all good, for example?), it always infinitely loads the wii u menu and i have to use tiramisu to change the theme back and load into it.. i'm sure something is obviously wrong but i seriously got no idea. if you know any better than i do then lemme know what i can do to fix it, i'll be trial-and-error the next few days. x3
Well this plays right into what I was just saying, If you're using FTP to install your theme, make sure that after transferring the files to the Wii U that you don't exit the FTP server, instead go up a folder on the client on your PC and then re-enter the folder and check the size of the files you just copied over to the Wii U, if the file sizes are too small, transfer again, try this again and again until the size is correct. Or, alternatively, just use the Theme Manager and that should install the theme properly on the first try.

Having said that, if you're only testing themes, I would recommend using SDCafiine to check if your theme changes are properly taking place or not, this is much quicker when it comes to troubleshooting themes that you're creating.

prince_pokey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOOD NEWS!! i got my theme from yesterday working, and i found out how to change the colors for the wii's outer cursor / number (with each player).

in Cursor_CursorNumber.bflan, you can edit the RGB values for the different outlined colors for the cursor for each player. i did some digging and found out specifically how it works -- if you want to change the colors for yourself, it's really not too hard.

under MaterialColor, the WhiteColorRed, WhiteColorGreen, and WhiteColorBlue values change the RGB of the player's outline in this pattern: keyframes 0/1 are always for Player 1, keyframes 2/3 are always for Player 2, keyframes 4/5 are always for Player 3, and keyframe 6 is always for Player 4. i deciphered this in my very beautiful photoshop skills below and hopefully it explains things a lot better than i can, hahaha
colors.png

(this also works for the MaterialColor values under CursorBaseBlur, although the keyframes for BlackColorBlue end at 4 because players 3 and 4 both have a blue value of 0. i figured they did this to save room, or something? but, generally, it functions the same way.)

to test this, i tried changing it myself using the dark purple theme as base, and it seems to do the trick. crappy picture, but it's just for concept. let me know if it's helpful to anyone else!
(also thanks for the help OP)
Capture.PNG

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOOD NEWS!! i got my theme from yesterday working, and i found out how to change the colors for the wii's outer cursor / number (with each player).

in Cursor_CursorNumber.bflan, you can edit the RGB values for the different outlined colors for the cursor for each player. i did some digging and found out specifically how it works -- if you want to change the colors for yourself, it's really not too hard.

under MaterialColor, the WhiteColorRed, WhiteColorGreen, and WhiteColorBlue values change the RGB of the player's outline in this pattern: keyframes 0/1 are always for Player 1, keyframes 2/3 are always for Player 2, keyframes 4/5 are always for Player 3, and keyframe 6 is always for Player 4. i deciphered this in my very beautiful photoshop skills below and hopefully it explains things a lot better than i can, hahaha
View attachment 313648
(this also works for the MaterialColor values under CursorBaseBlur, although the keyframes for BlackColorBlue end at 4 because players 3 and 4 both have a blue value of 0. i figured they did this to save room, or something? but, generally, it functions the same way.)

to test this, i tried changing it myself using the dark purple theme as base, and it seems to do the trick. crappy picture, but it's just for concept. let me know if it's helpful to anyone else!
(also thanks for the help OP)
View attachment 313650
That's great that works, but I swear that's exactly what I tried when I crashed the other day, I probably did something stupid with one of the RGB values and made it larger than 255 like a fool.

Reactions: prince_pokey

prince_pokey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i finished my first theme! i was trying to add, basically, whatever i could think of. (with obvious, and sometimes disastrous, exceptions. X3)

i call it Floral Shoppe, because i was mostly trying to base the colors off the album. a vaporwavey-type vibe!
it's also heavily inspired by windows 98 but shush
20220613_024609.jpg
20220613_025259.jpg

download link!

for a first theme i'm pretty happy how this came out. hope someone else enjoys it too!

a little extra note, and i don't know if this is just a me-problem, but a lot of changes to Men.pack (like the cursor, tv-swap button, etc) didn't take place when i tried installing with Theme Manager -- maybe it's getting mixed up with the dark red theme, or something -- regardless, i'm basically 90% confident it should work fine. it loads perfectly with sdcafiine. edit: fixed!

Last edited by prince_pokey,

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i finished my first theme! i was trying to add, basically, whatever i could think of. (with obvious, and sometimes disastrous, exceptions. X3)

i call it Floral Shoppe, because i was mostly trying to base the colors off the album. a vaporwavey-type vibe!
it's also heavily inspired by windows 98 but shush
View attachment 313670View attachment 313671

download link!

for a first theme i'm pretty happy how this came out. hope someone else enjoys it too!

a little extra note, and i don't know if this is just a me-problem, but a lot of changes to Men.pack (like the cursor, tv-swap button, etc) didn't take place when i tried installing with Theme Manager -- maybe it's getting mixed up with the dark red theme, or something -- regardless, i'm basically 90% confident it should work fine. it loads perfectly with sdcafiine.
Stuff is weird with Men.pack, after installing, don’t go to the Wii U menu and instead unplug your console for a few seconds

Reactions: prince_pokey

prince_pokey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can edit images in switch toolbox?
switch toolbox to view inside the *.bflyt files and export the *.bflim files to *.png (or whatever file extension you prefer to edit)

if there's a way to edit image files within switch toolbox then i don't know yet >-> i figured there wasn't

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: