Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i3ngXv1ImFCp0.jpg

Handheld cult classic Shantae looks like she'll be making another return, this time to the 3DS.

The new game, titled "Shantae and the Pirate's Curse", will come out next year. It'll take place right after the last Shantae game, Risky's Revenge, which landed on DSiWare. The game will follow Shantae, who loses her powers at end of Risky's Revenge, and involve (most likely) the same platforming and exploration known of the franchise.

Shantae originally came out near the tail end of the Gameboy Color's lifespan. The game was well received by critics but almost forgotten in the wake of Nintendo's Game Boy Advance. The game received a small cult following which eventually led to a sequel, Risky's Revenge, on the DSi 8 years later.

:arrow:Source

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its anything like the others this is great news, they were all around good games, hell Risky's Revenge is one of the best is not the best Dsiware game.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...nice. I enjoyed RR. I'm guessing this will use a similar 3D effect to Mighty Switch Force, which was also a really good bit of fun. Always glad to support these guys on Nintendo systems.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Both Shantae and Risky's Revenge are excellent titles, I'm really looking forward to this.

For the 3DS, it promises to deliver an even longer experience and much more to do. :D

Since the GBC original is apparently coming to 3DS Virtual Console as well, the Risky's Revenge is a DSiWare title, that means you may get to enjoy the entire series on one system. :D

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Nice!
I really enjoyed the previous game. I will definatly buy the second one once it's out. As for the steam release. I'd want it to be able to be there aswell, but I'd not buy it there as I've already got it for my 3DS.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I am going to buy this when it comes out for the 3DS on the eShop...or wait...I won't be able to use my Acekard2i anymore. Crap...oh well.

I enjoyed Risky's Revenge and was wondering how a sequel would play out. I heard rumors of Risky's revenge originally being part of a series of four games.
I also heard speculation about Shantae having "Warrior Magic" being the remnant of magic that Shantae didn't have robbed form her; I.E. the hair-whip attack.

I'll go grab a Supercard DS Two sometime in the future, hopefully around the same time this game comes out so that I can buy it and still be able to play my library of DS games on one cartridge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...