Sublim21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a very strange problem i'm having in regards to uploading saved games into the game, Shantae and the Pirates Curse 3d.

Recently, I bought a n3dsxl, and i was trying to transfer my saved games from my o3dsxl, using the latest version of checkpoint (both systems are on the latest luma btw)

When i try to upload my saved games from the o3dsxl into the n3sdxl, and start up shantae, i get an error message of 'corrupted save data found - formatting save data'.
I have tried multiple variations of the USA version of shantae, (checked their md5sums) by uninstalling the current shantaes installed through system settings - data management.
but not a single one of the four or so different version of shantae worked.

Even stranger, another kind soul gave me their save for shantae, and his version also caused a corrupted save. HOWEVER, this person was able to upload my saves into his copy of the game (confirming that the two cias were similiar). So it's definitely on my end.

again, im using the latest luma, and checkpoint, and have gotten checkpoint to work with every other game, except this one.

any help or insight into this problem is appreciated.

-Pete

Sublim21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dump a *.cia copy of Shantae in GodMode9 from your o3DSXL.
FBI install that game on your n3DSXL. Restore the save with whichever save manager you used on that game.

heya,

thanks for the reply, but, yeah.. i already tried that as well. i dumped a copy of the cia, and installed that cia into the n3dsxl. and the saves (that worked on the o3dsxl) also now caused a corrupted save on the n3dsxl.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heya,

thanks for the reply, but, yeah.. i already tried that as well. i dumped a copy of the cia, and installed that cia into the n3dsxl. and the saves (that worked on the o3dsxl) also now caused a corrupted save on the n3dsxl.

If you used Checkpoint, there's actually two parts when backing up stuff for a title: save and extdata.

If restoring both of those on your n3DSXL doesn't work on Shantae, you should check if your SD card is defective by...
  1. Copy everything off your SD card over to your computer.
  2. Reformat the card as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. If the card's bigger than 32 GB, use guiformat.
  3. With it empty, do a Full Write + Verify Test with H2testw.
  4. If result comes back clean, delete the *.h2w test files and copy everything back on the card.
  5. Test play the game by making and saving a dummy character profile.
  6. Exit back to HOME Menu and go to Checkpoint / JKSM.
  7. Restore your save and extdata, and try checking the game again for corrupt save.

Sublim21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you used Checkpoint, there's actually two parts when backing up stuff for a title: save and extdata.

If restoring both of those on your n3DSXL doesn't work on Shantae, you should check if your SD card is defective by...
  1. Copy everything off your SD card over to your computer.
  2. Reformat the card as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. If the card's bigger than 32 GB, use guiformat.
  3. With it empty, do a Full Write + Verify Test with H2testw.
  4. If result comes back clean, delete the *.h2w test files and copy everything back on the card.
  5. Test play the game by making and saving a dummy character profile.
  6. Exit back to HOME Menu and go to Checkpoint / JKSM.
  7. Restore your save and extdata, and try checking the game again for corrupt save.

the sd card is definitely fat 32 with 32kb cluster size (its 128gb - so i did a bunch of research on the compatibility issues)

as far as moving everything off and on, ummm, that's gonna be tricky.
i mean, its probably worth trying. but i honestly think the error lies somewhere else (the sd card is fine). like somehow checkpoint / jksm (which i used too btw, also corrupt save files) is not decrypting / encrypting the save files correctly because the first cia didn't do something right, and can't undo it right either. I'm wondering if there's a way to 'purge' the sd card of all shantae related items.

its gonna take me sometime to find the free space to move everything over, i'll let ya know if it helps the situation.

in the meantime, hopefully someone else has a good idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn