Shantae 5 gets re-titled to "Shantae and the Seven Sirens", first screenshots revealed

COrhwjd.png

shantae-5.jpg shantae-6.jpg shantae-1.jpg shantae-2.jpg shantae-4.jpg

When Wayforward announced the latest Shantae game, it debuted with the working title of "Shantae 5". Today, we've finally learned what the official name will be, which is Shantae and the Seven Sirens. Accompanying this announcement are some new screenshots, along with a few details about the game. According to the press release, Seven Sirens will feature not just an animated intro, but animated cutscenes as well. As you progress through the game, you'll be given cards, which allow you to "augment Shantae's powers to [your] own style of play."

Shantae and the Seven Sirens does not have a release date, nor a price, but when it does launch, it'll be for the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Apple Arcade.

Having previously announced the next game in the Shantae series back in March, independent game studio WayForward is proud to reveal the official title for the hotly anticipated action-adventure-platformer: Shantae and the Seven Sirens.

Formerly referred to as Shantae 5, Shantae and the Seven Sirens sends the belly-dancing, hair-whipping, half-genie hero to a tropical island where Shantae and her friends encounter other Half-Genie allies, but they soon learn there’s trouble in paradise. As Shantae gets caught up in the island’s sinister secrets, she’ll use all-new dance abilities and instant-transformation Fusion Magic to explore the nonlinear, interconnected world where she’ll visit multiple towns, overcome treacherous labyrinths, and battle dastardly bosses. The game also features a new collectible card system that grants players the freedom to augment Shantae’s powers to suit their own style of play.

Releasing on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Apple Arcade, Shantae and the Seven Sirens is the fifth entry in the Shantae series, which originally debuted on Game Boy Color in 2002. Additional information about the game, including the distribution, pricing, and release date, will be announced as it becomes available.

• Explore an interconnected world using new Fusion Magic creature transformations, including a newt and other aquatic forms!
  • 4K-resolution hand-painted visuals (on 4K devices only)!
  • All-new characters and returning favorites like Rottytops, Sky, Bolo, and the nefarious Risky Boots!
  • Collect and power up with monster cards!
  • Enjoy minigames, acquire magic and items, and uncover secrets!
  • Gorgeously animated TV-style cutscenes!

:arrow: Source

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pumped! I have liked all of the games although Risky's Revenge is easily my favourite one currently in the series. Maybe this one will claim that spot? Who knows.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This pleases me immeasurably, HGH was a masterpiece of 2D platforming, I keep recommending it to people who like classic platformers.

Havent played any of the shantae games. Is it really worth it to play?
It's a masterpiece, see recommendation above. WayForward is one of the few studios that still make games like it's the 90's.

wiitendo84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This pleases me immeasurably, HGH was a masterpiece of 2D platforming, I keep recommending it to people who like classic platformers.

It's a masterpiece, see recommendation above. WayForward is one of the few studios that still make games like it's the 90's.
I just might now. I had heard about the games but never thought about them. Giving it a try this weekend.

Reactions: Vorde and Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just might now. I had heard about the games but never thought about them. Giving it a try this weekend.
It's a bit slow before you get your first transformation, once you finish the first few levels the fun just goes progressively up, and then there's all the additional game modes to keep you busy. I suggest grabbing the Ultimate edition just for Risky's episode, it allows you to replay the game from the perspective of the villain, so it's like a brand new game all over again.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No 3D objects this time eh?
Level design looks competent at least though I'd really like to see some slopes or interesting design variations as it's looking really bland and basic otherwise.
Good looking bland and basic but get rid of the art and the lack of design is pretty clear.
Really hope they change it up and hire some good level designers and make some new level assets to spruce it up and make it less bland and blocky.
The art itself looks fantastic but thats to be expected, just hope the animation is up there with way forward's best.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You already did in the form of Bloodstained, a pie WayForward had their fingers in as well. If you fancied that, Shantae will be right down your alley.

I know the Shantae series, I'm referring to every game before HGH. Where you had huge interconnected maze-like levels instead of replaying a mostly linear action stage to access new secrets.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,
Reactions: bjaxx87
D

Deleted User

Loving the new art style. Looks super clean!

Wondering what the bar in the top left is going to be. Possibly a magic meter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real