Shameful, shameful screens of CoD4: MW for Wii

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Link5084, Aug 19, 2009.

Aug 19, 2009
  1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    http://www.joystiq.com/photos/call-of-duty...re-wii/2218976/

This is new screenshots of CoD4 on Wii. Seriously guys, I'm sick of developers trying to make the Wii look bad. We all need to gather up and send emails to these developers on how much we want our new Wii games to have better graphics or make a petition for it. Don't you feel ashamed of this?

2. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    i assume you're referring to the new cod? o and gl with an online petition. like companies give a damn. effin wii, it is solely responsible for this gen's shovelware and overall companies' laziness to produce better quality games.

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Screenshots don't always give justice. I remember people saying that The Conduit had crappy looking screenshots but, in the end, has some of the best graphics for the Wii. Also, Graphics don't mean crap compared to gameplay.

I always though the CoD Wii games were just mindless "throw it on every console" crap anyway.

4. Zerrix

Member Zerrix GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Theres a new MW coming to the wii? o.O

5. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    It's the Wii, what do you expect? Don't blame the game devs, blame Nintendo for manufacturing a product that has more graphical limitations than it's competitors.

Sure, the dev groups can always push the envelope to that graphical limit, but is it really worth the time, money, and energy considering what type of title CoD4 is, what type of audience it appeals to (not to mention it's M rating), and a majority of the Wii's main market being more family-oriented gamers? Also, CoD4 has been out for nearly 2 years already. Sure, it's popularity and strength as a best-selling game would carry over to help sell copies on the Wii, but there's just too many things working against it on the Wii.

Last point, the Wii version is being dev'd/converted by Treyarch (World at War), NOT Infinity Ward (creators of the original 360, PS3, PC versions), so I'd expect a lot of fudge ups, even though the two groups work somewhat in unison at times.

6. vergilite

Member vergilite GBATemps Regular Clown

United Kingdom
    this is why people don't take nintendo gamers seriously i mean [​IMG]

7. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    The screens look horrible. That`s the only thing I want to judge for now, since they haven`t shown any trailer or footage, what I consider a bad sign as well, beside the horrible Screenshots.

If they really want to release the game in a few month then it is time to show some moving pictures... I have a bad feeling about this game.

8. TwinBlades

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Woah the graphcis seriously look as if its on the IPhone 3GS. Thats horrible! (For the Wii that is). I use to own a Wii until it went Pikachu on me, now I'm really disappointed

9. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    I'm disappointed that these aren't at least up to PS2 standards, yes. But it's not like we haven't seen worse- Far Cry Vengeance, anyone?

10. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    I don't really think we should be letting them off so easy. Most Wii games (the ones that aren't specifically marketed as triple-A titles) look absolutely horrid. We're not just talking bad here, we're near PS1 level visuals in some cases. The Wii is slightly more powerful than the GameCube, and yet we're given games that aren't even up to previous gen standards. That is absolutely unacceptable.

As I've said before, just because we purchased the Nintendo Wii console, doesn't mean we don't care about visuals. I bought mine expecting at least GameCube level visuals with some fun new controls on certain games. I don't think I was naive in assuming that's what we'd be given. But the 3rd party offerings, with a few rare exceptions, have just looked like garbage.

I don't expect MadWorld level visuals from every game I buy, but I do expect some semblance of graphical competence.

11. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Source: http://gonintendo.com/index.php?page=1

12. Santee

Member Santee Jalapeño

United States
    Looks more like some one used a crappy camera or messed something up there's no way those can be the real graphics twilight princess had better graphics and it was one of the first games to come and considering that the game probably is still being ported/worked on the only way that could be real is if maybe they tried to make it single layer since the original was dual although I may be wrong about that.

13. imz

Member imz GBAtemp's vigilante

United Kingdom
    what's wrong with those screens? Surely you didn't expect the game to look like the Xbox/ps3 versions. Wii is more about the gameplay than graphics

14. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    After The Conduit, I was expecting the bigger FPS devs to be ashamed and try harder.. but this looks even worse than COD WaW.

Seriously, most Game Cube games look better than this.

15. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    A little part of me just died inside.. Seriously, shit graphics, 30 FPS, 10 players online. I know the Wii doesn't have the best capabilities, though this..

16. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    30 FPS? I never heard that one.

The graphics will probably be bad, but will look better than this in gameplay. I've always liked CoD4 > CoD5, so if this gets good reviews upon release, I may consider buying it. Although I think The Conduit will still hold best Wii FPS.

17. Shakraka

Member Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

Last edited by Shakraka, Oct 20, 2015
  18. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Source: http://gonintendo.com/index.php?page=1

19. Jaems

Member Jaems GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm sorry, but those screens seriously look like a PSP Game.
    No fucking joke.
    Look at them again.

20. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    I wonder if the new content added is though, I hope they add in the DLC maps.
    And I don't know why everyone is shocked it would have 10 player online and 30fps. It is just a Wii port. And just like people said, these are screens. Screens can sometimes be more horrible then the real thing. A video will probably do it some justice.