Homebrew shall I sell my gba sp?

ContraGryzor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a new gameboy advance sp sitting in my cupboard which I bought few years ago to play gba games (obviously) and one of those gameboy everdrive cards to play gb backups on it.

I have just bought a nnds. I'd rather play on actual hardware for perfect gameplay but as nnds allows vc injects for both gb and gba games do I still need my gba sp?

D

Deleted User

Have 1 GBA, 1 GBA SP (AGS 101) & 1 Micro and would never consider selling any one of them. Playing obviously with the AGS one from time to time and it‘s just great and can‘t be topped by any emulator.

D

Deleted User

I finally got my AGS-101 last week, and new housing shell on friday. Did not have time to change it yet, maybe next weekend.

I'm going to sell my AGS-001 away since I don't need extras. Collector's might gasp because I'm basically selling my CIB gba sp away and replacing it with loose, but don't care about box and manuals if I just can have the better screen.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA SP uses chargable batteries. The original GBA used AA batteries.
nintendo-gameboy-advanced-sp-gba-sp-emergency-aa-battery-extender.jpg

Future-doomsday-proofed.

D

Deleted User

I have a new gameboy advance sp sitting in my cupboard which I bought few years ago to play gba games (obviously) and one of those gameboy everdrive cards to play gb backups on it.

I have just bought a nnds. I'd rather play on actual hardware for perfect gameplay but as nnds allows vc injects for both gb and gba games do I still need my gba sp?
I would keep it for nostalgia alone. A working GBA SP could be worth a fortune in 20 Years and per se hard to get your hands on.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have a GBASP so I can bring it on the bus, instead of worrying about my old, back-then-expensive 3DS with lots of history behind it, If I lose my GBASP, not that big of a deal.
losing the cartridge would be a bummer. i once left my gba in a hotel. it had my ezflashiii in it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Is it really new? (still boxed and sealed?)
If so, it could be worth more money if you hold on to it for a while longer. NIB games and consoles become rarer over time. The battery will self destruct if left to self discharge for too long though (won't hold a charge anymore and might inflate when charged)
If not:
Is it an AGS-101? If it is, it might be worth selling it.
If it's a 001 and isn't NIB those are dirt cheap so not really worth the time and effort selling it.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ebayed my sp 001 as soon as I picked up a dual ips n3ds. You can’t take these possessions with you to the afterlife so why cling to them forever?

Have something to play the games on and if something better comes along that can play from gameboy up to the newest software ditch the old and migrate to the new. I like having everything on one system and also I find the bigger screen is easier on my eyes, however, playing on retroarch with fancy shaders is also a great experience.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd say keep it and hunt down a GBA flashcard as while GBA VC is great n all, Compatibility isnt perfect and some dont work even aftre being save patched.

Jimbo_Slim

Pun Master/Loser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lost both GBA SPs I owned. One with my copy of SMA2 during a party which I'm pretty sure someone stole and another on a plane and I'm pretty sure that one got unhooked off the charger while the plane was landing. I owned 3 copies of SMA4 in which I still have 1 left. Oh the nostalgia....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: