Hacking ShadowNAND to Luma3DS SD-cardless A9LH

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have ShadowNAND installed but now that the new A9LH runs Luma from the NAND if no SD-card is present, I'd like to change over. I know there's probably no reason to (or if there is, tell me what they are because I don't know) but that way I can have Luma everything. How would I go about doing this?

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried booting into SafeA9LHInstaller and I get this:

"An Error has occured:

Couldn't find the payload.
Make sure to either:
1) Have SD card plugged in
2) Have homebrew/3ds/bootmgr.bin

Press any button to shutdown"

Need some help again D:

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried booting into SafeA9LHInstaller and I get this:

"An Error has occured:

Couldn't find the payload.
Make sure to either:
1) Have SD card plugged in
2) Have homebrew/3ds/bootmgr.bin

Press any button to shutdown"

Need some help again D:

Then you didn't follow the guide verbatim.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just install A9LH with SafeA9LHInstaller. I did it just a month ago.

Ummm.....if this were true, how on earth would it boot Luma3DS without a copy of Luma3DS?

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"2) Have homebrew/3ds/bootmgr.bin" is not part of the guide. Are you using a boot manager?

No, I'm running ShadowNAND/Luma3DS. That's the error I get after trying to boot SafeA9LHInstaller when holding DPAD_DOWN. Without holding a button, it boots Luma3DS fine.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm running ShadowNAND/Luma3DS. That's the error I get after trying to boot SafeA9LHInstaller when holding DPAD_DOWN. Without holding a button, it boots Luma3DS fine.
What do you have in the /a9lh/ folder and did you replace the first payload which shadownand boots with a9lh installer?

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://imgur.com/m6Ni6Iz <-- A9LH folder.

Would I have to make that boot.bin in homebrew\3ds then since that's where Luma boots from?

I don't see why you ignored my post. Read my post and follow the instructions. Then you'll be just fine.

What do you have in the /a9lh/ folder and did you replace the first payload which shadownand boots with a9lh installer?

That's not the issue. OP is using ShadowNAND and is not setting up payloads correctly for boot with ShadowNAND. I already gave OP the way to do it.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see why you ignored my post. Read my post and follow the instructions. Then you'll be just fine.

That's not the issue. OP is using ShadowNAND and is not setting up payloads correctly for boot with ShadowNAND. I already gave OP the way to do it.

Did it and it worked fine, thank you :3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it and it worked fine, thank you :3

You are very welcome. You are very polite, and for this, I thank you.

Just to go over the issue, you were using a guide that assumes you are on Luma3DS, but you were using ShadowNAND. ShadowNAND loads payloads differently than Luma3DS, so you had to do it the ShadowNAND way.

From now on, you will be doing it the Luma3DS way, so you can follow guides explicitly! ^_^

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You are very welcome. You are very polite, and for this, I thank you.

Just to go over the issue, you were using a guide that assumes you are on Luma3DS, but you were using ShadowNAND. ShadowNAND loads payloads differently than Luma3DS, so you had to do it the ShadowNAND way.

From now on, you will be doing it the Luma3DS way, so you can follow guides explicitly! ^_^

Yep! And if Luma3DS gets updated, I just re-copy the arm9loaderhax.bin onto CTRNAND and overwrite the old one?

TioBrazMii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is the shadownand opcional boot, you can put boot manager as homebrew/3ds/bootmgr.bin and hold down during boot, and select another bin for boot, like Safea9lh installer

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Chinese pre-hacked 3DS sellers always pre-installed ShadowNAND with ShadowNAND installer 1.1.
These 3DSes have DIFFERENT path of current ShadowNAND - their boot.bin and bootmgr.bin are located in SD://homebrew/ BUT NOT SD://homebrew/3DS/
So, if you placed something as SD://homebrew/3DS/boot.bin but not working, see this reply above.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM