Shadow of the Tomb Raider official GBAtemp review

Banner.jpg
The third entry in Lara's latest adventure, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is quite strangely my first look at the franchise in more than ten years. Featuring brilliant graphics, fun controls, and an interesting approach to difficulty and replayability, does the Tomb Raider still have what it takes?

:arrow: Official Review

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
quit patreon for that infamous site and u will have money for it xD
wtf are you talking about?
It's not like i'm paying 50$/month lol
I pay only 5$/month, and it's not mainly for prizes like some (or most) people
I do it for supporting the site :)

even if I stopped paying for a year, I still wouldn't have the money lol

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
A thread that just redirects to the review... isn't that a bit excessive or is it for that sweet exp?:P

PS: Game is decent, but let's be honest, it's extremely boring compared to the two before it, it adds nothing notable, plus has a fairly worse story. Just saying...

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A thread that just redirects to the review... isn't that a bit excessive or is it for that sweet exp?:P

PS: Game is decent, but let's be honest, it's extremely boring compared to the two before it, it adds nothing notable, plus has a fairly worse story. Just saying...
It's something we started doing with the bounty block being on the portal basically pushing reviews out of the way. It also gets the reviews into the Google News stream so that's a bonus too.

And regarding the game not adding much... Yeah that might be true, but it's the only one I've played so it's the only way I can review it lol. I am interested in the others now though.

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's something we started doing with the bounty block being on the portal basically pushing reviews out of the way. It also gets the reviews into the Google News stream so that's a bonus too.

And regarding the game not adding much... Yeah that might be true, but it's the only one I've played so it's the only way I can review it lol. I am interested in the others now though.
It's not like google news matters honestly, mostly tempers are gonna read it anyway:P As for the other games, first one was great for just 2-3 playthroughs, so definitely try it out, while second one was a bit "meh" but still pretty darn good. All the backtracking in the second and this one though are really annoying:glare: I'm one of those people who hate backtracking in such games, in finite-map size RPGs it's fine, but in action large world games it's a hassle...

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not like google news matters honestly, mostly tempers are gonna read it anyway:P As for the other games, first one was great for just 2-3 playthroughs, so definitely try it out, while second one was a bit "meh" but still pretty darn good. All the backtracking in the second and this one though are really annoying:glare: I'm one of those people who hate backtracking in such games, in finite-map size RPGs it's fine, but in action large world games it's a hassle...
That's the thing, Google News makes it more accessible beyond the site lol. But yeah, I'll definitely check em out. I think I have the second game on Steam from a Humble Monthly a while back, so I just need to source the first game and I'm set.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
quit patreon for that infamous site and u will have money for it xD
i took a quick look on some key shops, they all offer this game at 38 murican dollars, which worth seven months of patron!

Too bad, I'm always wish to play the game of Femal Uncharted, but due lack of time i didn't even started the 1st reboot :(

Last edited by leon315,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr