Several questions regarding the PSP Go...(Firmware, Games, etc...)

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by UtadaRumiko, Nov 10, 2011.

1. UtadaRumiko
    OP

Newcomer UtadaRumiko Member

United States
    A few questions:

-What are the best available custom firmwares for the PSP Go?
    -What do you think are the best websites for downloading the ISO/CSO for it? (read the rules pl0x is pretty nice)
    -Is it possible to download the games that are available through the PSN? (For free) (Like the PS1 classics: FFVII and whatnot)
    -Also, I hear there a PSP Go "Apps" that allow you to watch Youtube and whatnot. Could someone possibly provide a list of these apps for me and where I could download them.
    -And lastly, do you need a memory card to put the ISO's and whatnot on your Go or can you put it on the Go itself?

I'm thinking of getting one so I kinda need to know this stuff. Help is much appreciated ^^

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States

3. UtadaRumiko
    OP

United States
    Ahh. Thank you s4mid4re. So I'm guessing "warez" are roms, ISO's, and such? I'll keep that in mind though. Is that part of the forum rules or something? I would read the rules myself but It's just that I CAN'T find them anywhere! XD

But you can't even provide links to other sites? That sucks. Hmm...

I actually have a copy of FFVII, so I'm interested in this dumping process. How does it actually work? Though, I hear there are PSX's that you can download instead. Can you play those on the Go?

4. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    1) Rules: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules
    2) If the link/name of website contains any kind of warez, you can't post/mention them here
    3) You can dump psx titles using programs such as imgburn, Alcohol 52%, Nero, etc., although I've never done so myself. After doing so, you can use programs like psx2psp to convert them to psp eboots. You can find plentiful of tutorials using google. The downloadables are the ones up on PSN, and they aren't free (unless you're referring to warez :ninja:).

5. binx2469

Newcomer binx2469 Member

Australia
    I`ve found the best firmware to be PRO-B10 permanent. You have to be on 6.20 for the permanent version. As far as I am aware all pspgo`s are 5g meaning they can all be downgraded to 6.20 ofw. PRO-B10 has a very good compatability with psx. If there is any trouble with certain games you will have to install popsloader.

6. UtadaRumiko
    OP

United States
    Alright. Thanks a bunch guys.

7. UtadaRumiko
    OP

United States
    Ok. So new question. This is regarding the memory sticks for the PSP Go. Now I've been looking them up and they're quite expensive! This one costs $30 just for just 8gb: http://www.amazon.co...22597686&sr=8-7

But I did find an alternative that at least LOOKS like the same thing, but it's not Sony's official one: http://www.amazon.co...22597686&sr=8-1

It's a Sandisk and it's a lot cheaper and gives me more memory (16gb). Now the question is, would it work on a PSP Go? And without any problems or drawbacks when I'm using it for emulation and whatnot?

Also, it's a "bulk package." What exactly does that mean and what's the difference between that Sandisk one and this one: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memory-Stick-Micro-SDMSM2-016G-A11M/dp/B001F741YI/ref=pd_cp_e_1

8. ars25

Member ars25 I like tacos and pie

United States
    yes they will work m2 cards are psp go exclusive memory bulk packages are just a pack with more then one product like 3 micro sd cards in one pack also go for sandisk they are better and more durable

9. UtadaRumiko
    OP

United States
    Gotcha, and thanks ^^ Just what I needed.

10. UtadaRumiko
    OP

United States
    Alrighty. Another question. Does a hacked PSP Go with Pro CFW and whatnot support games that use Wi-fi? How about games that are patched?

11. lithium210

Member lithium210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes they do. I got a PSP Go on firmware 6.35 with Pro-B10 and I can play games that have online play and also access psn. I wouldnt recommend 6.20 perm since some people forget to uninstall it when updating to a new pro version and end up bricking their go. All i do is set the Go to standby and just slide it down when its not in use. Even if you were to turn it off, only takes a few seconds to go from ofw to cfw through the recovery app. Also all firmwares (6.20, 6.35, 6.39, 6.60) have the same support for iso/cso, emus, plugins, etc.

12. UtadaRumiko
    OP

United States
    Thanks, and yet another question. Is it possible to get DLC for your downloaded ISO games? For example: Dissidia: Final Fantasy?

13. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Well you can't buy them I think but you can download them the same way you download the games .

14. UtadaRumiko
    OP

United States
    Hey guys. I recently downloaded a PSP ISO that was "patched." Now, I know what patches are, because I've played patched games on my DS before. On the DS, it's pretty simple. The game being patched doesn't affect anything. You just drop it on the flashcart and play, but on a PSP I was wondering if I should take any precautions before playing a patched game. Is it possible for the patch in the game to not be compatible with your current custom firmware? Or will it not matter? Because I realize there are raw and patched versions of the game, so I was wondering what the need for a patched game would be?

15. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It is possible, but it's sorta' rare and usually only crops up with a few specific games (like kindgom hearts and one of the god of war games) and that was only with the earlier patches needed to make them run on 5.xx CFWs.

With 6.xx CFWs having a newer ISO driver most clean/untouched/unpatched games should work, but for some you may need to go patched.

16. UtadaRumiko
    OP

United States
    Hey guys. I'm downloading a game that has CWCheat (Tekken 6). This is my first time seeing this and I was wondering, do I need to install something to get these cheats to work? If so, are there one's exclusive to certain firmwares? I'd like to find one for the PSP Go CFW 6.60 Pro B-10. (Temporary hack. Fast Recovery)

Also, these cheat databases or whatever pose no risks of bricking my PSP or anything right?

17. Rydian

United States
    You want TempAR, it's got database updates with the latest cheats.
    http://raing3.gshi.org/psp-utilities/?action=page&file=PSP/TempAR
    http://raing3.gshi.org/psp-utilities/cheatdb

And as long as you're just applying cheats to games (and not using other functions) it'll be fine.

18. BaronBanana

Newcomer BaronBanana Newbie

Greece
    i am probably gonna get jumped for intruding but please bear with me as i have a similar question.I am gonna grab a 3000 in the coming days and will use your guide (thanks for making it almost stupid-proof for guys like me)to patch 6.60 cfw in it,will i also encounter problems trying to play clean/patched/unpatched/etc stuff and emulator compatibility with that cfw or schould i consider the 6.20 permanent one?

19. Rydian

United States
    Compatibility for homebrew and PSP games between the two is the same.

1 person likes this.
  20. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I didn't realise this could happen. I always update my go on 6.20 straight over the top of the existing firmware. Perhaps it is only a problem when crossing between firmware types for exampe; PRO and ME.