Several months later - Still HC does not detect HDD, but loaders does.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by momin, Jun 3, 2017.

1. momin
    OP

momin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2008
    Some time ago I bough a WD 2TB Elements and tried to set it for my Wii homebrews and emulatiors.

After some struggling tryin to set as active my partition (FAT32, 32k, primary) finaly I was said not to do it, since it was not neccesary... So I tried loading my files inside the disk even though HC was not detecting the HDD.

Surprise, the loaders do detect the HDD and I can play my games! (going to the loaders trough SD card).

Anyone have any idea how can I make HC to detect my HDD?

Edit: Solved

Solution: The HDD was using GPT standart, changin it to MBR solve the problem. Homebrew channel does not support GPT even though loader does.

Last edited by momin, Jun 3, 2017
  2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    The Homebrew Channel only supports MBR/FAT32 as far as I know. The FAT32 partition probably has to be the first one, too.

3. momin
    OP

momin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2008
    Sorry that I forgot to mention it, right now the hard drive has only one partition FAT32 of 1.5TB.

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Is it MBR or GPT? I don't think GPT works with the HBC.

momin likes this.
  5. momin
    OP

momin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2008
    I would have never though this could be the issue, I ran to check if I was using GPT and bingo!

Thanks a lot, GreyWolf, if it wouldn´t be for you... can´t tell when I would notice. I have never read abbout this issue as barely any of my HDD came into GPT, thanks a lot.

Edit: Could someone change the tittle of the thread? [Solve] Homebew Channel doesn´t detect HDD, GPT is nto supported.

Last edited by momin, Jun 3, 2017