Setup Luma3DS CFW + Emunand, now trying to use Gateway CFW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by QuickQuestion, Jun 8, 2016.

1. QuickQuestion
    OP

QuickQuestion Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    United States
    On my N3DS I originally set it up with Luma3DS by following the first 3 steps of the guide. I didn't bother following through with the ARM9LH, as I wasn't feeling terribly confident in downgrading the newly bought system to 2.1. Anyways, I have a Gateway3DS that I originally got a couple of years ago when it was the only game in town. I have it updated to 3.71 and am trying to get it to work with my N3DS. When I try booting Gateway mode I am sent to a lingering black screen, and am unsure of what to do. Do I need to make an entire new emunand just for Gateway? Or can I still use my existing emunand I setup with Emunand9? Any help/support is much appreciated. Thank you!

EDIT: Converted RedNAND to Emunand using Emunand9, GatewayCFW works fine now!

Last edited by QuickQuestion, Jun 8, 2016
  2. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    just use the .bin payload relased by gateway team

3. QuickQuestion
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    United States
    Sorry for the newbie question but what is that exactly? I just scanned through their website and couldn't find any gateway payload downloads.

4. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    go to download section, and scroll down at the end of the page, there is a bin payload

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh btw i'm wrong, It's only usable with A9LH, I misread your first post

5. QuickQuestion
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    United States
    Ah, well any idea with the method I'm trying to use haha?