1. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Keep in mind that the Emummc partition is going to be like 32 GB. This tutorial is for getting Android on it, which has a complicated partitioning setup. I recommend you watch the video until you can understand what you are getting into. You kind of have to follow the story that has developed over this thread. There are easier methods as of late. There's a script here, mentioned recently.

2. konamicode89

konamicode89 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Also if you have any questions about the partitioning process you're more than welcome to DM me

tabzer likes this.
  3. Geridious4

Geridious4 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Appreciate both of your replies

Thanks for the message, yeah definitely would be using dolphin n such if possible. Though I'd like to have more games on it that otherwise wouldnt be possible so don't know if 30gb is enough to be able to do all that.

Definitely give you a message when I start the process.

Last edited by Geridious4, May 5, 2020
    konamicode89 likes this.
  4. brak265

brak265 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi all. I followed the guide and got everything working from a Linux installation on Paralelles using my MacBook. The only problem is, I am trying to get the AppStore.nro file on the sdcard, and now it is not saving files after I disconnect it. They just disappear. Also half the time I try to mount /dev/sdb1, I get a “can’t read superblock on sdb1” error until I restart the system. But nothing ever copies over. CFW and android and all still works in the switch itself. I just can’t put any files on the HOS partition. Help?

the full error I get when trying to mount that specific partition (after the initial time that it does mount) is:

“Error mounting /dev/sdb1 at /media/brak/HOS_DATA: can’t read superblock on /dev/sdb1 (udisks-error-quark, 0)”

And just to clarify, when I do get it to mount, randomly, any files I copy over, delete, or change aren’t saved if I eject and reinsert the card.

I want to say this is because I’m using a virtual machine. But I have no idea. The card reader is built into the Mac and being shared so that anything I insert is connected to the Linux VM instead of macOS. Is there no way to manage the filesystem on macOS? With my previous setup from using the standard guides (meaning without dual booting android) I could add files using macOS, but with this it doesn’t seem to show up anywhere except sporadically in my Linux VM. The dual boot is working in the switch, though. I was under the assumption that the partition with the atomosphere, switch folder, etc., was going to be the same as on normal sd card setups and I’d still be able to normally manage the files.

Last edited by brak265, Jun 24, 2020
  5. konamicode89

konamicode89 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You have to use actual Linux, the process is so much easier. If you absolutely want to try an alternative create a gparted bootable flashdrive. Though I haven't tried it myself I have to imagine it's the closest thing available to create your partitions and DD the Android and L4T Ubuntu images to said partitions while rebuilding your partition table. Sorry for the rant but you could understand the frustration having to redo your whole setup should something not work out.

To actually answer your question the best way to do file management for SD is through L4T ubuntu through using the USB on the dock. But since you don't have it I strongly encourage you to do so though you gotta redo your whole setup but I promise you it's worth it

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Guide]Setting, partition, Android