Hacking Setup emuNAND with SX OS, Unable to use cartridge clot in OFW

Aagrajag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I tried to set up my Switch such that it could run a lower firmware in sysNAND and a higher one in emuNAND, but I seem to have somehow made it impossible to use the cartridge slot in OFW running in sysNAND. Although I can boot into OFW without any problem, the moment any cartridge is inserted into the slot, the system throws this error code “2002-2634” and requires a reboot.

Here’s my setup:

With the console offline (and remaining so since) I was running OFC 3.0.1 and used an SX Pro jig and dongle (with SX OS 2.5) to setup an emuNAND based on that firmware. I entered the emuNAND and used the latest Choidujour to successfully update the emuNAND to 6.1.0. No problems so far; OFW is still 3.0.1, just as I left it, and CFW is reporting 6.1.0. Also, autoRCM is *not* enabled.

I can now use the cartridge slot in the 6.1.0 CFW without a problem to dump games and such, but when I boot back into the 3.0.1 OFW the cartridge slot becomes unusable, throwing that 2002-2634 error code and forcing a reboot whenever a game is inserted.

Does anyone know how to get the slot working again in OFW? Choidujour supposedly kept my fuses intact when I upgraded the emuNAND’s firmware from 3.0.1 to 6.1.0, but it sounds like some kind of mismatch due to the firmware versions being different between the OFW and the CFW. No one else in the referenced thread reported any such problems, though.

I simply wanted a good way to backup all my legit games to a memory card, but at this point I’m looking for any solution that will fix the cartridge slot in the OFW. I’ve thought of possibly:

1. Doing a factory reset on the emuNAND, the sysNAND, or both.
2. Booting into SX OS on the sysNAND and using Choidujour to bring the sysNAND’s firmware up to 6.1.0 so the OFW and CFW versions match
3. Failing all else, going completely legit, updating the sysNAND to the latest 6.2.0 firmware through the regular update and then throwing the SX dongle and bullshit out the window as money well-wasted.

I haven’t done anything yet, since I don’t want to lose any options in case someone has a solution, and I *can* still use the slot and backups successfully in the 6.0.1 emuNAND. If I can’t fix the slot sysNAND *and* lose the working emuNAND, then I’ll really be hosed.

Infinite thanks to anyone who can help me with this. Cheers.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to set up my Switch such that it could run a lower firmware in sysNAND and a higher one in emuNAND, but I seem to have somehow made it impossible to use the cartridge slot in OFW running in sysNAND. Although I can boot into OFW without any problem, the moment any cartridge is inserted into the slot, the system throws this error code “2002-2634” and requires a reboot.

Here’s my setup:

With the console offline (and remaining so since) I was running OFC 3.0.1 and used an SX Pro jig and dongle (with SX OS 2.5) to setup an emuNAND based on that firmware. I entered the emuNAND and used the latest Choidujour to successfully update the emuNAND to 6.1.0. No problems so far; OFW is still 3.0.1, just as I left it, and CFW is reporting 6.1.0. Also, autoRCM is *not* enabled.

I can now use the cartridge slot in the 6.1.0 CFW without a problem to dump games and such, but when I boot back into the 3.0.1 OFW the cartridge slot becomes unusable, throwing that 2002-2634 error code and forcing a reboot whenever a game is inserted.

Does anyone know how to get the slot working again in OFW? Choidujour supposedly kept my fuses intact when I upgraded the emuNAND’s firmware from 3.0.1 to 6.1.0, but it sounds like some kind of mismatch due to the firmware versions being different between the OFW and the CFW. No one else in the referenced thread reported any such problems, though.

I simply wanted a good way to backup all my legit games to a memory card, but at this point I’m looking for any solution that will fix the cartridge slot in the OFW. I’ve thought of possibly:

1. Doing a factory reset on the emuNAND, the sysNAND, or both.
2. Booting into SX OS on the sysNAND and using Choidujour to bring the sysNAND’s firmware up to 6.1.0 so the OFW and CFW versions match
3. Failing all else, going completely legit, updating the sysNAND to the latest 6.2.0 firmware through the regular update and then throwing the SX dongle and bullshit out the window as money well-wasted.

I haven’t done anything yet, since I don’t want to lose any options in case someone has a solution, and I *can* still use the slot and backups successfully in the 6.0.1 emuNAND. If I can’t fix the slot sysNAND *and* lose the working emuNAND, then I’ll really be hosed.

Infinite thanks to anyone who can help me with this. Cheers.
When updating your emuNAND, did you make sure to use the nogc option? You might've upgraded the firmware of your card slot by accident, which would render it unusable on lower firms.

Aagrajag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When updating your emuNAND, did you make sure to use the nogc option? You might've upgraded the firmware of your card slot by accident, which would render it unusable on lower firms.
Thanks for the fast reply.

Crap, I didn't know about any such option. I just restarted Choidujour, but I could not find that option anywhere. If it isn't enabled by default, then that's what may have happened.

If that is the case, what is the best way to proceed from here? Can it be reversed or ignored somehow? Should I find some way of updating the sysNAND to 6.0.1 as well?

k3rizz3k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast reply.

Crap, I didn't know about any such option. I just restarted Choidujour, but I could not find that option anywhere. If it isn't enabled by default, then that's what may have happened.

If that is the case, what is the best way to proceed from here? Can it be reversed or ignored somehow? Should I find some way of updating the sysNAND to 6.0.1 as well?
As far as I know it is irreversible.

Aagrajag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As far as I know it is irreversible.

Meaning the game card reader has its own fuses... Wonderful...

So, theoretically, updating the sysNAND firmware to match the 6.1.0 emuNAND firmware should fix it, right? My terror now is that because the card reader update should not be able to exist in a 3.0.1 firmware, running Choidujour in sysNAND to update the system firmware to 6.1.0 might do something unpredictable when it tries to update the card reader's firmware which has already been (but should not have been) updated.

k3rizz3k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meaning the game card reader has its own fuses... Wonderful...

So, theoretically, updating the sysNAND firmware to match the 6.1.0 emuNAND firmware should fix it, right? My terror now is that because the card reader update should not be able to exist in a 3.0.1 firmware, running Choidujour in sysNAND to update the system firmware to 6.1.0 might do something unpredictable when it tries to update the card reader's firmware which has already been (but should not have been) updated.
Updating your sysnand should fix it.

Aagrajag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Updating your sysnand should fix it.

That sounds like my only option, but is it safe to do so using Choidujour again to bring it to 6.1.0? I don't want to update the sysNAND officially, because that would force me onto the latest 6.2, with which I've heard their are problems. Choidujour already kind of burned me by not warning about this irreversible card reader update, so I'm very wary about what will happen when the upgrade process on sysNAND encounters an already-updated card reader that shouldn't technically exist in that state.

Aagrajag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh, and I should probably mention a very minor but possibly related issue in the 6.1.0 emuNAND:

Whenever I first insert a cartridge, nothing happens for about three seconds, then I get a message stating that a game card is *not* inserted, but, if I pop it out and then in again, it works. This strange first-insertion-fails-second-insertion-succeeds happens always now, and with all cartridges.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

6.2 has no problems that i know of

Unfortunately, that is not what I'm reading here:

http://3ds-flashcard.com/blog/dose-sx-os-pro-works-on-new-switch-firmware-6-2-0/

so I'm extremely reluctant to go beyond 6.1.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, and I should probably mention a very minor but possibly related issue in the 6.1.0 emuNAND:

Whenever I first insert a cartridge, nothing happens for about three seconds, then I get a message stating that a game card is *not* inserted, but, if I pop it out and then in again, it works. This strange first-insertion-fails-second-insertion-succeeds happens always now, and with all cartridges.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Unfortunately, that is not what I'm reading here:

http://3ds-flashcard.com/blog/dose-sx-os-pro-works-on-new-switch-firmware-6-2-0/

so I'm extremely reluctant to go beyond 6.1.
That is old news sx-os has been updated to work on latest firmware.

https://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/155006-SX-OS-BETA-REPOSITORY-Downloads-all-beta-versions

Aagrajag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
PS, the cartridge firmware was only ever updated once, in FW 4.0.0. So you only really need to update sysNAND to 4.0.0 using ChoiNX if you want to try and keep it low.

Thanks, I'm trying to keep it low, but my major concern now is that when I use Choidujour to update to *any* newer firmware on the sysNAND, something might go sideways when it tries to update the already-updated card reader. That should be impossible, right?

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'm trying to keep it low, but my major concern now is that when I use Choidujour to update to *any* newer firmware on the sysNAND, something might go sideways when it tries to update the already-updated card reader. That should be impossible, right?
Nothing is impossible, but yeah people have done it. It does a fuse check when it loads the first time,so nothing bad should happen

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No reports of such an incident have surfaced.

ILLPLEASA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is happening to one of my friend’s Switch as well running SX OS 2.5 Beta...

They did a fresh wipe on Sys 6.2 then created EmuNAND right after so I don’t think it’s related to 6.1 nor your particular cartridge slot upgrade..

It also ONLY happens to my friend within EmuNAND as their card slot works perfectly fine in their SysNAND

I honestly think it could be a bug related to SXOS... What version of SX OS are you running?

My friend assumed it happened because they might have left a cartridge in the slot while they were creating the EmuNAND...

not sure the validity of that claim nor if a fresh wipe and EmuNAND install might clear the problem as they don’t want to go through the whole setup again unfortunately...

Last edited by ILLPLEASA,

metaphz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is happening to one of my friend’s Switch as well running SX OS 2.5 Beta...

It also ONLY happens to my friend within EmuNAND as their card slot works perfectly fine in their SysNAND

This happens to me on 6.2.0 with 2.5 also. However I'm affected on SysNAND, have never used emuNAND.

Aagrajag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks for all your advice, guys. Just to report in:

I successfully used Choidujournx to update the sysNAND form 3.0.1 to 4.1.0 and no problems were caused by the card reader, so to do so is safe for anyone else who finds himself in my situation.

Reactions: ILLPLEASA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?