Setting up Wifi in order to download acekard loader

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by andyd, May 1, 2011.

May 1, 2011
  1. andyd
    OP

Newcomer andyd Member

United States
    Hi. I'm trying to download the loader the acekard menu but it requires a wifi connection. The problem with needing a wifi connection is that I have no idea how to change those settings. I went through every (I think) menu both in the Nintendo and Acekard options and don't see it anywhere

EDIT - I see that the menu should appear if I have a Wifi enabled game but shouldn't the Acekard also do this?

2. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    First, do you have a DS or DSi. If you have a DS, download any wifi game, put on Acekard and create settings in wifi menu of the game. If you have a DSi, you can do it from the System Settings Menu.

EDIT: I'm not sure. This is a Nintendo option through a game (eg. Mario Kart DS) that is wifi enabled. I don't see how the Acekard could do this, and I doubt it has its own wifi menu. If you have a DSi change through System Settings, if a DS changing with a wifi enabled game is the easiest way, and I don't think there are other ways.

3. andyd
    OP

Newcomer andyd Member

United States
    Thanks man. So i just need to add a wifi game to Acekard's memory card and then I'll be able to get into the options. I actually have a DS not a DSi

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yeah, on the DS they're access from within a game.

Make sure your wireless security type is WEP or none (WEP recommended), as WPA and WPA2 don't work with DS games.

5. andyd
    OP

Newcomer andyd Member

United States
    Ah ok. I guess I'll try that

Thanks guys

6. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    i always use ClubHouse Games or Mario Kart to set up wifi.

had to just do that on 3DS because apparently the settings I put in the 3DS main menu for wifi didn't "take" for the WFC.

weird.