Hacking Setting up/Switching to AuReiNand A9LH (You have to have A9LH already setup)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
What to do first:
- Read the AuReiNand OP slow and more then once if you still don't get it
- Read the AuReiNand Git slow and more then once if you still don't get it
- Read at least the 10 last pages of the AuReiNand thread

What i will tell/show you:

So basiclly i will start from a point where you already have Emunand and A9LH.
I suppose you already use another A9Lh FW (rxTools/CakesFW/ReiNand)
- Get AuReiNand with basic Decrypt9WIP
- Install it to your SD
- Setup the Config
- Quick basix text only, how to install GBA/DSiware cia's

What i won't tell/show you:
- Where to get all files not listed under What you need:
- Autoboot into Updated SysNand
- Removing EmuNand for Updated SysNand
- Setup/configure AuReiNand Payloads (Except Decrypt9WIP)
- Setting up EmuNand
- Getting OTP/Arm9LoaderHax
- Setting up A9LH
- Building CFW

If you still need to setup Emunand and have to get your OTP and get your A9LH follow Plailect guide

What you need:
- Latest AuReiNand https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand/releases
- Firms files https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand (search: The FIRMs you need are HERE)
- Decrypt9 from https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

Preparing your Files and Folders:
After downloading the above files go to your C: drive and make a new folder
- AuReiNand and go into this folder and make 3 new folder in here called To_SD and Decrypt9WIP and FIRMs

ARN01.png

----------

- Unzip “AuReiNandv4.2.7z” in this c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\

ARN02.png

----------

- In “AuReiNand” folder, unzip FIRMs.7z into the FIRMs folder.

ARN03.png

----------

- In “AuReiNand” folder, unzip Decrypt9WIP-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxx.zip into the Decrypt9WIP folder.

ARN04.png

----------

Once that is done, we can continue to move everything to the correct folders before moving all to SD/MicroSD

N3DS(XL) NTR:
- Copy c:\AuReiNand\FIRMs\NTR\N3DS\firmware.bin to c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\aurei\
- Copy c:\AuReiNand\FIRMs\N3DS\firmware_agb.bin to c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\aurei\
- Copy c:\AuReiNand\FIRMs\N3DS\firmware_twl.bin to c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\aurei\
- Copy c:\AuReiNand\FIRMs\A9LH\N3DS\firmware90.bin to c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\aurei\

ARN05.png

----------

N3DS(XL) NO NTR:
- Copy c:\AuReiNand\FIRMs\N3DS\*.bin to c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\aurei\
- Copy c:\AuReiNand\FIRMs\A9LH\N3DS\firmware90.bin to c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\aurei\

ARN05.png

----------

2DS and O3DS(XL) NTR:
- Copy c:\AuReiNand\FIRMs\NTR\O3DS\firmware.bin to c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\aurei\
- Copy c:\AuReiNand\FIRMs\O3DS\firmware_agb.bin to c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\aurei\
- Copy c:\AuReiNand\FIRMs\O3DS\firmware_twl.bin to c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\aurei\
- Copy c:\AuReiNand\FIRMs\A9LH\O3DS\firmware90.bin to c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\aurei\

ARN05.png

----------

2DS and O3DS(XL) NO NTR:
- Copy c:\AuReiNand\FIRMs\O3DS\*.bin to c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\aurei\
- Copy c:\AuReiNand\FIRMs\A9LH\O3DS\firmware90.bin to c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\aurei\

ARN05.png

----------

Install Decrypt9 For ALL systems:

- Copy c:\AuReiNand\Decrypt9WIP\Decrypt9.bin to c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\aurei\payloads\

ARN06.png

----------

- Rename c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\aurei\payloads\Decrypt9.bin to c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\aurei\payloads\default.bin

ARN07.png

----------

- Copy c:\AuReiNand\Decrypt9WI\Decrypt9WIP foçlder to c:\AuReiNand\To_SD\3ds\

ARN08.png

ARN09.png

----------

Booting into AuReiNand config menu

- Now copy everything from the folder "To_SD" to the root of your SD/MicroSD.
(You can skip folde rmenuhax and file AuReiNand.dat, but it doesn't hurt if you also copy them)

ARN10.png

----------

- Your SD should look something like this:
(The Keys are needed for Decrypt9, but for legal reasons i can't link or tell where to get them, I bet you know where to look anyway :P )

Note:
- At this point you can remove anything related to your other CFW
(i would say, backup everything first to your PC in case you back out and want to return to your old setup before writing anything to your Sd/MicroSD)

ARN11.png

----------

- Remove your SD/MicroSD safely from your computer and put it back into your system and power on
- You should now see a configuration menu, select your settings and boot.

ARN12.jpg

----------

- Select your Screen-Init brightness, like you desire :)
- If you like, Select "Use pre-patched FIRMs" to get a few miliseconds faster boot :D
- If you like, Select Show current NAND in system settings (This will show EMU or whatever in your system settings before the FW version)
- If you like, Select "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM" if you like to have a GBA splash screen (some pokemon roms don't work when you do)

ARN13.jpg

----------

When booting into updated SysNand, just install your GBA cia's and you are done with this guide :P
(Ok, there's a few lines for you under Autoboot Updated SysNand: )

ARN14.jpg

----------

If you want to make a sysnand or emunand backup, hold “START” and power on your system, this should boot into Decrypt9WIP.

DSC00667.jpg

----------

IMPORTANT:
Only for those that autoboot into AuReiNand A9LH EmunNand
- You have to install your GBA/DSiware cia's into BOTH SysNand and EmuNand (Linked or unlinked, doesn't matter)
- When installing into SysNand, you have to use SysNand 10.x (Hold "R" and power on then) NOT SysNand 9.x) and preffered with Devmenu or BigBlueMenu.

Note:
- Why SysNand 10.x, i had a few roms that black screend when i installed them in SysNand throu Firmware 9.x, after removing them and installing them in SysNand with Firmware 10.x they worked perfect
- Why DevMenu or BigBlueMenu, i had some GBA games that didn’t work when installed with FBI but after reinstalling with BBM or DevMenu they worked perfect

Autoboot EmuNand:
- You can boot into Sysnand 10.x by holding “R” then Power on your system, this will boot you into sysnand with firmware 10.2 (NTR) or 10.4
- You can boot into Sysnand 9.x by holding "L" then power on your system this will boot you into sysnand with firmware 9.0 (Good for some/most Homebrew that still need older FW)

Autoboot Updated SysNand:
- You can boot into EmuNand 10.x by holding “R” then Power on your system, this will boot you into EmuNand with firmware 10.2 (NTR) or 10.4
- You can boot into EmuNand 9.x by holding "L" then power on your system this will boot you into EmuNand with firmware 9.0 (For whatever reason you should need it)

Note:
- I boot a few systems in AuReiNand A9LH EmuNand, all NANDs are unlinked and i hate to waste 2x space on GBA roms (installing into SysNand and EmuNand so i don’t install them into EmuNand.
- I install them into SysNand 10.x (Hold "R" then Power on) and whenever i want to play GBA games i boot my system into SysNand 10.x by holding “R” then power on. I really don’t care to reboot my System if i’m in EmuNand and like to play a GBA game.

Anyway, that’s just my opinion anyway :P

Have Fun! And say Thanks to all those great CFW Devs and other Homebrew Devs!

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I searched for "The FIRMs you need are HERE" on that github https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand and I found just one thread, and no firmware file links. Unless, I'm blind?

Think you need better glasses ;)

AuReiNand
A modification of the ReiNand custom firmware

Compiling:

You'll need armips and bin2c added to your Path. HERE is a pre-compiled version of armips.

You also need to have a recent build of makerom in your path for the injector to be built.

Lastly, just run Make and everything should work!

Copy everything in 'out' folder to SD root and run!

Usage / Features:

See https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand and http://gbatemp.net/threads/reinand-mod-o3ds-n3ds-sysnand.411110

The FIRMs you need are HERE. (Click on HERE)
(Yes i removed the link, but on https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand the link is still there)

Credits:

Rei as this is mostly his code.

The offset to detect the console, and to calculate the O3DS NAND CTR are from Decrypt9.

tiniVi suggested me a way to detect a A9LH environment, and figured out screen deinit.

Delebile provided me with the FIRM writes blocking patch.

A skilled reverser gave me the new reboot patch.

The screen init code is from dark_samus, bil1s, Normmatt, delebile and everyone who contributed.

The code for printing to the screen, and the heavy revision to the reboot patch to allow for AGB/TWL loading are from CakesFW.

ARM11 userland patching is only possible thanks to @yifanlu's 3ds_injector, which is bundled in the CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?