Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get nesDS and extract it to a folder.

Get ndstool.exe. Extract it if necessary, and put it in that same folder.

Run 'make_nds.bat'.

Drag a rom into the list. (Just use one for now, you can experiment with multiple roms after you get it working. Also note that not every rom works with nesDS.)

Click save, then click save in the window that pops up. DO NOT CHANGE THE FILENAME WHEN YOU SAVE!

After a second or two, it will produce a file named 'nesDS.nds'. This is the emulator with the rom(s) packed in with it. Put it on the microSD card with your other .nds files.

Put the microSD card in the R4/Simply, start it up, and run nesDS.nds. Once you've got it running you can bring up the menu by touching the touch screen.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No. I haven't heard of any slot 1 cart that comes with emulators of any sort.

The slot 2 carts don't support nes roms natively per se, they just have PocketNES built into their patchers or loaders.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How well does NesDS run?
Pretty well, most of the time. A lot of games run near-perfectly, a lot of them have major or minor graphical problems, and a lot of games won't run.

Most of the games that work run at full speed. The biggest problem is that there is no way to save your game, either through the in-game saves, or save states.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NesDS runs perfectly on my SCminiSD, there's no need to merge roms with emulator itself and it saves properly. So, there's no way to run it the same way on R4 or DS-X? DLDI, maybe?

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How well does NesDS run?

The biggest problem is that there is no way to save your game, either through the in-game saves, or save states.

Hmm..maybe you using an old version. The one I used saved just fine. Now just waiting for DLDI support to be added. HOPEFULLY, it'll be added soon.
wacko.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NesDS runs perfectly on my SCminiSD, there's no need to merge roms with emulator itself and it saves properly.

The old supercards are just about the only carts that can run nesDS that way. Even the SC lite has problems. There is no dldi version of nesDS, and Emu_kidid's version won't save to sram if roms are packed in with the emulator.

QUOTE(754boy @ Feb 24 2007, 04:21 PM)Hmm..maybe you using an old version. The one I used saved just fine.
There is no new version. What flashcart are you using?

eNforcer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Working great for me with the instructions destructobot posted. Up to about 13 ROMS now.

Is there any way to "hack" it into increasing the volume?

It seems my r4 doesn't like it when NesDS is 4MB.

Lurick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really a shame ... nesDS is such a beautiful emulator in all other respects, and the lack of saves (and the inability to play ROMS not packed with the emulator) is probably something that would be easy to fix for someone who knew how.

NesterDS is still being updated, isn't it? We need to generate some interest for coders to create DLDI-compatible DS emulators.
tongue.gif

Cplus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have a m3 simply and... my nesds.nds is about 63mb and while its loading .. my screen brightness is changing like 3 or 4 times, goes bright, SUPER BRIGHT , bright etc...and screen goes all white wtf :wtf:

Cplus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry for double post but... is there a way to come back at the rom list without hard reset to the main menu of the m3
sleep.gif

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh