Setting up HDD for WiiFlow on vWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by michelono, May 15, 2014.

1. michelono
    OP

michelono Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2014
    Netherlands
    Hi guys,
    I'm entirely new to softmodding the Wii U.
    I've succeeded in installing the Homebrew Channel and WiiFlow including a forwarder for it, but now I'm running into some questions redarding partitioning and setting up my harddrive.

The plan is to create two partitions on the harddrive, one NTFS (I've read somewhere that it don't have to be WBFS anymore) and one FAT32. On the NTFS I was planning to place the Wii roms and on the FAT32 partition the N64, Gamecube, SNES and NES roms.

My question is: Is this going to work or is there a better way? And secondly, do I have to take into account that the first or second partition is NTFS?

Also I was wondering if I can place the ROMS in folders (for the FAT32 partition that is), so I can see properly what is N64, Gamecube etc.

Thanks a lot you guys!

2. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    If your going to play gamecube games then your fat32 partition has to be the first partition set to primary and cluster size 32kb. Ntfs works for wii games on the second partition you just need to set wiiflow to usb2. Use this to transfer your wii games onto your ntfs partition http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/downloads.html

3. michelono
    OP

michelono Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2014
    Netherlands
    Thanks a lot worm28! :)
    And about the folders? Should I place gamecube, snes, nes and nintendo64 roms in seperate folders?

4. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    Keep them in seprerate folders dont mix them up.

5. michelono
    OP

michelono Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2014
    Netherlands
    Okay will do that. Thanks a lot for your help m8! :grog:

6. kenwa

kenwa Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2013
    Senegal
    Hi,
    i am new with this wiiflow. how do I set the wiiflow so it can scan/detect from usb hdd and set it as default?

with usb loader gx, i have no problem of using the usb hdd in vWii. tq

7. BothyBhoy

BothyBhoy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2015
    is it possible to use a hardrive i have already used on the WII. can i use the same hardrive on the VWII. it is already set up full of games and all worked well with the wii. how would i setup the same hardrive to work with the VWII.....thanks guys