Setting up Acekard 2i - Yes, I already read the sticky

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Plantguy7, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Plantguy7
    OP

Newcomer Plantguy7 Newbie

United States
    Got my Acekard 2i today, but the sticky about setting it up wasn't much help beyond the download link. So I downloaded the new 1.8.0 firmware and it looks like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1.) There's that one loader in the "loaders" folder, but nothing in the "ak2loader" folder. Is that how it's supposed to be?

2.) I want to add NES, Genesis, and SNES emulators to the card (already have them downloaded), where do I put them as well as the games?

3.) How do I enable soft reset?

4.) Where do I put new themes and how do I enable them?

Sorry of this is a lot of questions that n00bs like myself always ask. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
  3. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    1.) There's that one loader in the "loaders" folder, but nothing in the "ak2loader" folder. Is that how it's supposed to be?

Yes

2.) I want to add NES, Genesis, and SNES emulators to the card (already have them downloaded), where do I put them as well as the games?

Read the installation instructions that came with the emulator. Normally they're place in the root of the SD card.

3.) How do I enable soft reset?

System options from within AKAIO. It should be already enabled by default. The keys are L + R + Down + B + A

4.) Where do I put new themes and how do I enable them?

UI folder.

AKAIO Wiki (READ THIS)

4. Plantguy7
    OP

Newcomer Plantguy7 Newbie

United States
    Thanks guys, those help a lot