Setting up a proxy?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by MaHe, Sep 24, 2008.

Sep 24, 2008

Setting up a proxy? by MaHe at 1:43 PM (767 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. MaHe
    OP

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Well, after months of waiting, Duke's out, and surprise, surprise -- I can't download it! I have both a British and a U.S. account on XBL, which both work fine, but looks like dear ol' MS put some IP geolocation in place to prevent us, people for other countries, who payed fair and square for all those points we bought like everyone else, to download the game. Even the trial version won't work. As far as I've tried, this is also the only game that can't be downloaded. Needless to say, I'm furious. [​IMG]

But, I haven't given up yet! [​IMG] Long story short, how do I reroute my XBL connection through a proxy? I've done quite some googling, but there were no real answers available. I thought it was as simple as setting the 'Gateway' IP address to my PC, but I can't find an application that would allow it to work as a router ... help?

Thanks a lot for your help! [​IMG]

2. da_rula

Member da_rula GBAtemp Regular

Germany
  3. MaHe
    OP

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Uh, sorry. I've been doing some research and it turns out I'll need a VPN. Only iPig and Hotspot Shield are free and they are bloated with ads. They also seem to be too slow for XBL. Hmm ...

Does anyone know a U.S. based VPN that's free to use for a short timeframe? [​IMG]