Set Up and Review of R4i SDHC

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by haddad, May 5, 2011.

May 5, 2011

Set Up and Review of R4i SDHC by haddad at 10:13 PM (2,390 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. haddad
    OP

Member haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    [​IMG]

A full set up and video review of the R4i SDHC. Showing all the functions of the R4i SDHC, features and much more. I would like to thank MyGamingMart for this sample.

Note: This is uploaded to youtube because something is wrong with the video server's here at Temp.[/p]

[youtube]PC306Z2D1qU[/youtube]​

[​IMG] R4i SDHC Firmware
    [​IMG] MyGamingMart.Com

2. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    Hmm, I dont know why, but this Clone actually seems to have been worked and thought on. Its an improvement from the normal r4, and uses its own theme/ firmware system. I wonder how big that game compatibility is. I wonder if that wifi will ever work, if it would, then I guess it wont be up for long, cuz the Big N will ofc find out.

Strangeley, this card has a certain charm, but I'll stick to my SCDSTwo Limited gbatemp edition, its way better, and my 3DS ofc

3. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    The R4i-SDHC is a good R4 card for what it is. The Wi-Fi engine only works with WEP routers (because it works in DS mode so therefore does not have any access to the better WI-Fi modes offered by the DSi and 3DS) so it highly unlikely that the Big N will do anything about it as they would have to disable all WI-FI in DS mode to block it and I don't think that many 3DS gamers will be too happy.

Game compatibility is fairly typical with the kernel being updated around once per month or more if there is a big release list.

Personally though if I wanted a low cost card I would go for a AceKard because of it's ability to be patched when the latest 3DS firmware comes out.

4. AndroidDem0man

Member AndroidDem0man GBAtemp Regular

United States
    lol this is actually one of the only good r4 clones out there,
    R4i gold, r4i dsn, and then this stands beside those 2
    the wifi engine is nice, my cousin has one of these and i gotta say, its REALLY easy to use,