Set Up and Review of Pandora-3DS

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pandora3DSCard_02__19528_zoom.jpg

This is a full video review of the new Pandora-3DS flashcard developed by Team Pandora. I review all the functions of this new flashcard and do a full in depth review. And in the end it turned out not to be as good as it seemed.

Note: The link below the video is a filetrip mirror, not what was shown in the video. It is the basic firmware and not the full one which contains the extra channels for this flashcard.[/p]

[tv]259981-321[/tv]
Set Up and Review of Pandora-3DS
Full video review

icon11.gif
Basic Firmware
icon42.gif
Youtube Video

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure, you should be linking to the site? If what you've said is accurate the site hosts roms, that you can download in the Full Package Firmware.

Hi everyone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
so basically, they've included a massive amount of commercial DS and NES ROMs, other flashcards' firmwares and their own logo and they call it a new flashcard? say what?

100 Classic Books Collection, 101 All Time Favorites and 101 Megamix Sports are commercial ROMs, that's why soft reset worked on them. soft reset doesn't work on any homebrew on any flashcard.

this has got to be the laziest flashcard team i have ever seen.

rocp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know it will be good when it misspells "Channel" with "Chanel" even thought they are both words, pretty much doesn't fit into the context. And since when does the DSware mix iOs apps? And the "Pandora Memory Card"? It did not show any information on sizes at all! Even in the picture! I can go on all day but you get my point. Smells fishy...

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
Are you sure, you should be linking to the site? If what you've said is accurate the site hosts roms, that you can download in the Full Package Firmware.
I actually downloaded the full one(At least I think I did, it's hard to tell.) I didn't find any roms.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
Devin said:
I actually downloaded the full one(At least I think I did, it's hard to tell.) I didn't find any roms.

In the Part 4 RAR File.

(*Cough* saves)

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
KirbyBoy said:
Devin said:

In the Part 4 RAR File.

(*Cough* saves)
Ah, I didn't see that.

Yeah, haddad, better remove that link.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I happily took an effort to do a check on the actual stuff they provide.
They include the M3GUpdaterPlus142.nds (M3 firmware update file) and AKAIO and the dlditool.exe...but they aren't even used...
As haddad probably noticed but apparently didn't catch, softreset only works for commercial games (though it should have been obvious when all the ones with "Licensed by Nintendo" could softreset, but all the ones that didn't could not)...
Their "2000" ROMs are the first ~1000 NES ROMs going alphabetically...
Their "official" kernel is an insanely stripped down version of the MS2.00beta5 of which is theme-able, though I doubt you can change the number of "channels"...
A small number of the apps are commercial ROMs...
The rest are homebrew with no credit to the author besides what was hard-coded...
There are random .lnk files (shortcut files used in Windows) for no reason...
The main "_ds_menu.dat" is modified from the EDGEi flashcart...
The website itself has lame lies for advertising...
And surprisingly enough, apparently everyone missed the little link in the download page that says:
QUOTE said:
Pandora 3DS Ver2.0.0-2J\2.0.0-2E\2.0.0-2U update Jun 07,2011

The fact that this sort of thing was missed makes me feel like there wasn't any research put into even reviewing this flashcart. Why is research important for such a shitty flashcart? Because it's good having some solid facts to bash at it with.

velison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
my3colorball said:
It's almost the same as fake acekard 3(www.acekard.cc).I just wonder why gbatemp chooses to introduce this shameless clone?

acekard 3 is the super clone,To clone a clone of the product, very funny
I know from youtube.com, with the market not the other flash card images, and value-added services
Do you know 16 channel,Ipod player and Support .nes games

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew softreset isn't an unknown feature...IIRC WoodR4 should have it as well, meaning it might even be possible to softreset the homebrew that apparently "couldn't softreset" back to the menu...though that depends on what loader the team decided would be used for all of the channels.

my3colorball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
velison said:
my3colorball said:
It's almost the same as fake acekard 3(www.acekard.cc).I just wonder why gbatemp chooses to introduce this shameless clone?

acekard 3 is the super clone,To clone a clone of the product, very funny
I know from youtube.com, with the market not the other flash card images, and value-added services
Do you know 16 channel,Ipod player and Support .nes games

acekard 3 is the super clone????????
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif

Ipod player and Support .nes games are both just homebrews, which can be supported by other flashcards.

Wms123789

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi everyone said:
so basically, they've included a massive amount of commercial DS and NES ROMs, other flashcards' firmwares and their own logo and they call it a new flashcard? say what?

100 Classic Books Collection, 101 All Time Favorites and 101 Megamix Sports are commercial ROMs, that's why soft reset worked on them. soft reset doesn't work on any homebrew on any flashcard.

this has got to be the laziest flashcard team i have ever seen.

WRONG!
Acekard with Akaio does it.
yaynds.gif

@Topic: We should look forward to real pause/continue functions on 3DS.
Meaning you could pause the game save the ram to disk and then play another game.

Hi everyone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
SylvWolf said:
AKAIO would like to say hi. It's had Homebrew Soft Reset for a while now.QUOTE(Wms123789 @ Jun 13 2011, 02:07 PM) Acekard with Akaio does it.
yaynds.gif

but AKAIO isn't the flashcard's original firmware. that's what i was getting at, i should've specified better, my bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16