Set Reset button to take you to WiiFlow (or any app)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Haloman800, May 29, 2011.

1. Haloman800
    OP

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    When you're in a game, and you press the Home key, then click "Reset", make that take you to WiiFlow.

I've done this on my own Wii (Way back when), but I forgot how. Does anyone know?

Thanks.

2. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    install priiloader. Install the wiiflow .dol through priiloader. Set priiloader to autoboot the installed file.

3. Haloman800
    OP

United States
    I'm not talking about autobooting, I'm talking about setting the Reset button (from home button, not hardware) to load WiiFlow.

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    It's the same thing.

Priiloader actually overwrites the system menu, so either when you press the reset button on your wii or click the reset button on the home key will make you load priiloader instead of the real menu (same goes for homebrew, by the way).

As such, if you set priiloader to auto-load wiiflow the way Deadlyfoez describes, it will pretty much immediately load wiiflow whenever you quit to 'the system menu'.

5. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Reset is meant to restart the game. The fact that it attempts to return to the system menu instead is a bug caused by usb loading (IOS is reloaded and the game disc can't be found)... which appears to have been fixed recently so this trick won't work any more.
    Nintendo's own titles handle Reset differently; games like SMG and NSMB restart their execution rather than reloading IOS and loading the main dol again. This is why Reset has always functioned correctly for them even when loading from USB.

6. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    are you sure it is a bug caused by USB loaders? i think it has something to do rather with the ocarina cheat handler. when i start a game via geckoOS and have the codehandler loaded, the reset button causes a full reset. it loads bootmii.

it might just be the way the apploader stuff is handled in homebrew game launchers, and be completely independent of the cheat handler. but im positive it happens from geckoOS.

7. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

It can be caused by anything that goes wrong e.g. failure to reload the IOS, can't open /dev/di, can't find the right disc partition, can't read the apploader, apploader falls down and can't get up... All fails normally lead to loading the system menu but sometimes that messes up too if it can't find the right tmdview.
    If you run a game using tinyload the reset button works fine. There's nothing wrong with how (most) homebrew apps run a game's apploader, although the methods used to clean up and jump to the main dol code after it's loaded are normally pretty bad.

8. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    I can't follow this discussion 100%, why do some usb loaders apparently intentionally crash if you select Reset in the home menu? The latest cIOS allows to playing IOS Reloading games from wbfs(FAT/NTFS soon) and it allows to replace any system menu loading by any channel you want. So in NeoGamma, the game should properly reset on Reset and return to the channel that executed NeoGamma on return to system menu.

If you want the same in your loader, get the devs to implement those 2 features and install the latest d2x cIOS.

9. Haloman800
    OP

United States
    No, that's not true. I have it to boot to Installed File, which is WiiFlow. If I'm in a game and I go to Home, it takes me to the System Menu. I'm talking about pressing "Reset" in a game, and making that take you to WiiFlow.

My other Wii is set up like this, I'm trying to get my uncle's to do this.

10. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    As others have said, the 'reset' functions differently on all games. But to make it that when you press the 'Home' button and then the 'System Menu' and have it return to wiiflow, in the priiloader settings change the 'return to' to priiloader.

But, just pressing 'reset' in the home menu and have it go to wiiflow will not work with all games, but still to get it to work with those games that it will work with you still need to do the step above of changing priiloaders 'return to' to 'priiloader'. Done and done.

11. OverjoY

Member OverjoY GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I think you're talking about the "return to channel" option in the settings of Wiiflow