Gaming Services.exe virus cant get rid of it.

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone i have a virus on my computer a patched a gen trojan in fact. The virus is attached to what seems to be my services.exe file. I have ran three different programs to try and get rid of it. First i ran my original AV which is the one telling me that i have the virus, the second i ran was malwarebytes and that didn't find anything, and lastly i ran combofix both in regular and safe mode and that did nothing. I still have this problem and i don't know how to get rid of this nasty thing. Please help me and thank you for any and all help.

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help but apparently the tool is not around anymore the link to download it on the site is dead, i just went on softpedia to download and the links they have are dead also.

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it pops up again i will post the screenshot it does it periodically, the antivirus i have is nod 32 i thought it might be a false positive. Since i thought that i uninstalled and reinstalled but it still pops up.

Well the picture is at the very bottom.

[attachment=852:Untitled.png]

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i tried rkill, hijack this, and all the programs in the sticky up at top and nothing seems to kill it. This is really becoming frustrating it isn't doing anything harmful as far as i can see but you never know when something will happen.

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i am just going to go the lazy route and just reinstall windows luckily i only reinstalled windows a few days ago so i don't have much to lose.

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried using combofix and it usually helps but this time it did nothing i even ran it 2 times one in normal windows and one in safe mode.

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea one minute my computer was fine than next my av was popping up telling me how i was infected. I don't think i downloaded anything infected i only downloaded some things but from legitimate sites and everything, and they scan the stuff so if it was infected it would be gone. Seeing as it is almost 12:30 where i am, i will be reinstalling windows tomorrow unless someone can help me remedy this problem.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea one minute my computer was fine than next my av was popping up telling me how i was infected. I don't think i downloaded anything infected i only downloaded some things but from legitimate sites and everything, and they scan the stuff so if it was infected it would be gone. Seeing as it is almost 12:30 where i am, i will be reinstalling windows tomorrow unless someone can help me remedy this problem.
I'm sorry for that. Unfortunately, it seems you must do a reinstall.

Backup your important folders before that.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Updates are pushed in batches monthly (or weekly, depending on the product and situation). If you're talking about a service pack integration, those are done yearly or longer.

Sitting there thinking you're fine is likely what got you infected in the first place. Keep your OS up to date, and your browser/plugins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyY0Z_U09mk