Hacking Seriously Screwed up ?

• Thread starter pasc
  • Start date
  • Views 6,918
  • Replies 42
P

pasc

OP
After I installed and Update for my WiiKey 2 and turned my Wii off I only go a black screen after turning on again.

Now I read up on the net and found out, that Priiloader should still be accessible by holding Reset while powering the Wii on.

- worked.

Next thing, I reinstalled hackmii.

After that I downloaded using NUS Downloader:

IOS80-64-v6944.wad
RVL-v514.wad

using YetAnotherWadManager.

I changed the IOS that the Wad Manager asked of me from 249 to IOS80.

Installed both mentioned and after that I only got another black screen while booting my Wii.

This time however I can't access the Priiloader anymore no matter what I do.

I guess I screwed up Big time.

Any ideas.

I'd really appreciate it as I got no ideas what to do. And I feel like finishing that Metroid Prime Trilogy....

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thats no good, always install system ios, then system menu, then priiloader. Do you have boot2 bootmii? Do you have a gc controller to try savemiifrii?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I installed and Update for my WiiKey 2 and turned my Wii off I only go a black screen after turning on again.

Now I read up on the net and found out, that Priiloader should still be accessible by holding Reset while powering the Wii on.

- worked.

Next thing, I reinstalled hackmii.

After that I downloaded using NUS Downloader:

IOS80-64-v6944.wad
RVL-v514.wad

using YetAnotherWadManager.

I changed the IOS that the Wad Manager asked of me from 249 to IOS80.

Installed both mentioned and after that I only got another black screen while booting my Wii.

This time however I can't access the Priiloader anymore no matter what I do.

I guess I screwed up Big time.

Any ideas.

I'd really appreciate it as I got no ideas what to do. And I feel like finishing that Metroid Prime Trilogy....
By re-installing the system menu, you deleted Priiloader. I hope you have bootmii installed as boot2.

P

pasc

OP
you mean I deleted it by installing it in iOS80 or, would it have been gone if I had used 249 aswell ?

Also, if I have it in the boot2... what would be my next step ?

I have a GC Controller at hand

Thanks for your reply.

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's what you can do, at least it should work. use the savemiifrii gamecube controller method (google or youtube). if you can get savemiifrii to work, you should see your system menu version in the bottom right corner of your screen. just pop in a game, one with an exploit like smashstack. and get you a proper system menu app,install it and then you should be ok. this is all just a hunch, since modchips, i have no idea how they mess with the system. once you get the wii menu working again, i suggest getting all precautionary measure out of they way, and install bootmii as boot2 if possible and or bootmii as iso, and get priiloader back, so you can boot the HBC if you ever brick again. then make a nand backup before further modifications. if anyone can add/correct this do so. it sucks to have a bricked wii.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Bricks can be scary..
+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

Yeah. Pray you have a NAND backup. If you don't and all else fails, @[member='DeadlyFoez'] can fix it, for a fee.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you mean I deleted it by installing it in iOS80 or, would it have been gone if I had used 249 aswell ?

Also, if I have it in the boot2... what would be my next step ?

I have a GC Controller at hand

Thanks for your reply.
You installed IOS80-64-v6944.wad and RVL-v514.wad; it does not matter what IOS you used to successfully install those files. RVL-v514.wad was likely your System Menu 4.3E file. Priiloader installs itself to the system menu. By re-installing your system menu, you overwrote Priiloader. If you have bootmii installed as boot2, put the bootmii files onto your SD card and run bootmii. Restore a NAND backup if you have one. If not, you can try re-installing your system menu IOS and system menu again. You could also try re-running your Wiikey update. I have a hunch that your issue has to do with your Wiikey and not your system menu/system menu IOS, but what do I know?

If you don't have bootmii installed as boot2, I suggest you try using SaveMiiFrii. However, if your problem is related to your Wiikey, you might now be unable to run burned discs. Good luck.

P

pasc

OP
Does anyone still have this: http://gbatemp.net/topic/110905-wii-xxxx-wii-backup-disc-v131-usa/ ?

I'd like to try it, in order to recover my saves before screwing any further with my wii.

Please pm me on this subject if you got info.

P

pasc

OP
Well I'm sure it should work so if you have them and want to share them, I don't mind sharing at all ;)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@pasc
Never mind, Everything is in my uploads folder: http://www.mediafire.../?8bi38i00xq9ab
Go to Autoboot Folder and you will find 3 compressed isos and several useful files:
1.Zantzue needs a channel with ID: HAXX (also found in same folder) allows you to autoboot into sd:\boot.elf (MMM for instance)
2.Universal anti brick autoboots a wad manager
3.Backup Disc 1.3 you know backup saves...
You can also use Blinds v2 (Check JoostinOnline signature)

Edit: Just added Autoboot BootMii ISO in case you need to do Nand backup/restore or launch hbc

Hope this helps
Good luck :)

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
@pasc
Never mind, Everything is in my uploads folder: http://www.mediafire.../?8bi38i00xq9ab
Go to Autoboot Folder and you will find 3 compressed isos and several useful files:
1.Zantzue needs a channel with ID: HAXX (also found in same folder) allows you to autoboot into sd:\boot.elf (MMM for instance)
2.Universal anti brick autoboots a wad manager
3.Backup Disc 1.3 you know backup saves...
You can also use Blinds v2 (Check JoostinOnline signature)

Edit: Just added Autoboot BootMii ISO in case you need to do Nand backup/restore or launch hbc

Hope this helps
Good luck

You should link to the folder he needs as the others have your illegals in them, e.g channels :-$

P

pasc

OP
Well, I tried that backup disk, burned it to disk via imgburn at 2x speed.

well, holding the 4 gc buttons and then... it shows 4.3 (EUR) in the bottom right corner.

Anything I'm missing to boot this disk ?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried that backup disk, burned it to disk via imgburn at 2x speed.

well, holding the 4 gc buttons and then... it shows 4.3 (EUR) in the bottom right corner.

Anything I'm missing to boot this disk ?
your bt module is probably dead. Patch any 1:1 in region game ISO to autoboot. If it black screens, probably bad bt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"