Serious Sam’s DRM Is A Giant Pink Scorpion

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they should have given the Scorpion a health bar, albeit an extremely large one; if you can manage to beat it than you deserve to own the game, pirated or not.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DRM would be more successful if it let you start up the game, but screwed it up for you in some way, like this. People get a shot at the game, realize they like it, but won't be able to complete the pirated version, so they go buy the real one. Profit.
Except it just doesn't work that way. Take the Serious Sam DRM, already been removed. What's stopping any other game from the same thing happening? As good of an idea you have it just wouldn't change much.
I'd say this is why so few companies bother with elaborate DRM. What's the point investing time into it when it will just get cracked within a few days of release anyway?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Epic! Kinda reminds me of the original Settlers III protection, which made iron smelters produce pigs, trees not grow to the needed high and what else :D

D

Deleted-236924

I think they should have given the Scorpion a health bar, albeit an extremely large one; if you can manage to beat it than you deserve to own the game, pirated or not.
But then people would have cheated to become invincible/kill in one hit.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
DRM would be more successful if it let you start up the game, but screwed it up for you in some way, like this. People get a shot at the game, realize they like it, but won't be able to complete the pirated version, so they go buy the real one. Profit.
Except it just doesn't work that way. Take the Serious Sam DRM, already been removed. What's stopping any other game from the same thing happening? As good of an idea you have it just wouldn't change much.
if I pirated a game and something like this happened, I'd be like "hey devs, you're kinda cool. here's my money".

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
if I pirated a game and something like this happened, I'd be like "hey devs, you're kinda cool. here's my money".
Well unfortunately we all don't have the honor of being you now do we?

...damn it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Here we go +2