Hardware Serious Problems trying to partition an SD card

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install XWhiite onto my Wii using this guide, but first I need to make an EXT3 partition on my SD card. Well I'm having some serious problems with it. Ive downloaded about 4 or 5 partition managers - none of them worked. Not only that, but the SD card is probably somewhere close to destroyed. Just about all my patience has walked right out the door. I'm running Vista, so its not hard to believe the most fail OS of the century would give me problems with it. Ive read around and found out that Vista really doesn't like to make partitions on removable disks, yet every other OS can. So can someone help me here? (or at least give me some alternative to installing XWhiite on the Wii?) It's an 8GB SanDisk SDHC card.

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because there's no possible way I'm going to have the time (yet alone do it without my dad exploding in anger) to put another OS on my computer.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VoltManEXE said:
Because there's no possible way I'm going to have the time (yet alone do it without my dad exploding in anger) to put another OS on my computer.
A liveDVD has the OS running from a DVD, thus eliminating the need to install anything.

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not familiar with that, how's it work? (And, still, isn't there some easier way other than using another whole OS? Or was I completely right and it is 100% impossible to do it on Vista?)

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I looked around and, instead, I got VMWare. Running Ubuntu through it and I downloaded "GParted". Problem is, I'm not familiar with linux at all. How do I run it? (What is the Linux equivalent of an "exe" file?)

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VoltManEXE said:
Well, I looked around and, instead, I got VMWare. Running Ubuntu through it and I downloaded "GParted". Problem is, I'm not familiar with linux at all. How do I run it? (What is the Linux equivalent of an "exe" file?)
The Linux equivalent of an EXE file has no extension.

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... What do I do to install it? The read me said to click and run an executable text file (forgot the name of the file atm), and I did. Then it made a bunch of more files... And then I had to compile something or other... I don't understand anything. Why does Linux have to be so confusing? =S

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you dont want to run linux why use ext3
Its not widely supported anywhere else

and the way you choose to install gparted is the most complicated - manually building from source
it is not really intended for normal users

instead use a package manager
find "install software" or "synaptic" in the menu
easier to install and updated automatically

read
https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/add-applications/C/index.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM