Serious Passcard Problem

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by 3vil, Jul 1, 2007.

Jul 1, 2007

Serious Passcard Problem by 3vil at 3:49 AM (933 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. 3vil
    OP

Newcomer 3vil Newbie

United States
    I've owned my PassCard for about three months now, and I've been loving it. Its worked fine on my DS, and on a few other DSes that my friends have.

However, I've recently run into a bit of a problem. I was using my PassCard along with my M3 Mini SD this week and it was working fine. I go to boot up my M3, and all of a sudden i get the normal DS boot screen. I was quite confused at this, due to the fact that the Passcard normally avoids this screen. Apparently, the PassCard was not being detected by my DS. In a panic, i reset the system and tried again. Didn't work. Tried it a third time, with the same results.

Then, i took another game i had, and popped it in the DS game slot, thinking that the slot was blown or something. The official game worked fine, nothing wrong, nothing out of the ordinary. Then, i took my sister's ds and plugged the m3 and passcard in, thinking that it might just be my ds. Still didn't work.

So, now i'm stuck with a Mini SD card with a bunch of DS games on them and a useless PassCard. Anyone know (a) what happened, or what caused this to happen, (b) if there is some way i can get this fixed, © is there any way to contact the company in this matter, and (d) how to prevent this in the future.

2. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    For about 15-20 dollars maore than a new passcard, just get a slot-1 cart with built in passme. (like an R4)

3. 3vil
    OP

Newcomer 3vil Newbie

United States
    I already have a perfectly fine, working M3, so i'd rather not go out and get another one. Also, i want to be able to play my gba games, which is why i didn't get a slot-1 card in the first place.

4. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    you can still play your m3 if you use another card as a passme . So if your passcard cant be fixed just get another slot 1 card. How much are passcards anyway ?

5. ghettobob

Member ghettobob GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Dude, you should've just flashed it.

6. flai

Member flai Androgynous Apparently :)

United Kingdom
    I know this sounds stupid but just try it, mine stops working all the time.

Take out your Passcard and your Slot 2 device. Sharply blow on the connectors on each device, being careful not to get any moisture/spit on the connectors. Then sharply blow on the Slot 1 and Slot 2 slots. Put both flashcards back in and turn on the console, pushing in the Slot 2 device with both thumbs.

I know its long winded but Passcard 3's are shite, and mine stops working ALOT and this always works for me.

7. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I would go to the local Wal-Mart, and pick up an Action Replay DS.

This would serve as both a passme (by holding SELECT on bootup) and as a cheat device for official games.

You would be able to play your M3 games and also cheat! Win-Win situation.

8. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    don't bother blowing on the passcard, you'll probably do more harm and good. just try reinserting it a few times, or alternately use my method whichi involves holding the passcard down fully while booting (i mean the depth when you push to eject or insert) that almost always gives me contact, if the problem is too bad.

My ezpass suffers from the same thing occasionally. from other's experiences i guess it's not an uncommon passcard problem.

edit: to the post, not a bad idea, however it's only useful if you have many official games, unlike the majority here who play roms [​IMG]