[Serious] Need a handwriting manipulation tool

grey72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm looking for a tool/image filter/something that'll manipulate pictures of handwritten notes to change the handwriting to not be recognizable as mine.
I'm aware of how childish/stupid this question is but I'm willing to risk being ridiculed if there's a chance of getting out of writing any more inane bullshit.
Clarification: I've to copywrite stuff everyday, take pics of it and mail it to my profs. Its the same stuff for everyone. Its been a week of this everyday and I'm kinda done being treated like an elementary schooler.

Last edited by grey72,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its impossible to read what you have written for people like myself with the rosey blossom theme.

Screenshot_20200405_164835.jpg

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: IC_

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Handwriting forensics is not my forte but I have contemplated it a bit.

What are your opponent's skills reasonably likely to be in this area? If this is general "looks like theirs" then that is one thing but if they know to look for formations and characters (do you do a with or without the dangly bit at the top, do you put a cross bar on your 7 or 0...), unique quirks (do you start a 6 at the middle point or top?) and combinations of the lot?
Furthermore are they likely to know your language usage style? Even if you got it as unrecognisable as a ransom note then it would all be for nothing if you made the same grammatical mistakes, spelling mistakes, word choices and the like such that it still appeared as you.

Do you have a simpler choice? My handwriting generally looks like a death metal band logo but if I take time, write in pencil (higher friction, slower results), maybe write all in caps then it looks very different. If I take even longer and use my non dominant hand (I am somewhat ambidextrous, enough to write things at least) then even better still if I am trying not to be recognised as me.

Can you OCR it/transcribe it (or go the other way and take pictures of 50 different pieces of sticky notes/notepaper/whatever and add everything to that) and fire it back through as a handwritten font? Maybe skewing line angles (you probably don't write perfectly straight lines as though you had a parallel), font size, kerning or, or possibly subbing in another character in a few places, or poking it with the "make someone's tits bigger" tool (in gimp that would the warp transform tool these days and available in the main selection of tools, it was formerly known as iwarp), photoshop would be liquify and some combo of those two for whatever image editor you like will probably find that) to make it look a bit less "good"/consistent, possibly also some smudging to simulate that?
You could do most of that with a chain of filters or additional layers you spend a bit of time setting up. Depending upon how much you might want to make say 5 or 6 variations and randomly pick them each time.

grey72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What are your opponents skills reasonably likely to be in this area?
Its one prof for two classes of 40+40 with ~10 pages each student. Pretty sure he's barely reading anything anyone sends him. Also like I mentioned its straight up copywriting so language/grammar is a complete non-issue.

I'm gonna try the gimp stuff, thanks for the pointer.

Its impossible to read what you have written for people like myself with the rosey blossom theme.
IDK how we even got here. I've never touched the color options before.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Gratuitous cursive aside, rosey bloom is a far less terrible theme than I anticipated

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its one prof for two classes of 40+40 with ~10 pages each student. Pretty sure he's barely reading anything anyone sends him. Also like I mentioned its straight up copywriting so language/grammar is a complete non-issue.

I'm gonna try the gimp stuff, thanks for the pointer.

IDK how we even got here. I've never touched the color options before.

What would getting caught entail? Technically this might well fall under academic dishonesty, and they will probably cite something like handwriting something does better for memory than typing (which is demonstrably is).

If it is a teacher compelling you to handwrite things then they might well know their fonts. You could make your own from scans (a quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog and all that) if you are going that way. Creating a font is tedious but if it is only 50 something characters plus some punctuation it is not so bad.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gratuitous cursive aside, rosey bloom is a far less terrible theme than I anticipated
The the rosey blossom colours makes it much easier for people like myself who are dyslexic to read stuff on here (thats if people use the right colour of text :rofl2:) Its something that I suggested way back when temp style 2 first came out but we eventually got it for temp style 3.

Reactions: grey72

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Plus a lot of the times they just seemed half hearted attempts