Serious issues with M3, Triple Loader, and microSD card

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by marational, Aug 9, 2008.

  1. marational
    OP

    Newcomer marational Advanced Member

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2006
    Messages:
    58
    Country:
    Canada
    I've been having many issues with my flash cart recently. I've been using the recent English Triple Loader, and the included M3 Real loader is not capable of softresetting, and has not been since I first tried the loader. Attempting to do so results in a black screen.

    I was not having many troubles with Sakura but since yesterday, I found that after I had loaded a multitude of files on my 2gb Kingston microsd, I had reached some kind of limit. I had some 50 mb of space remaining, but copying any file presented me with a message that said that it could not be copied. I tried deleting some files, and then found that I could load a few more. It appeared that there was a file number limit for the memory card.
    So I tried loading the card on my M3 through the Sakura loader and when I tried a game that did not already have a sav file created and saved on the memory card, Sakura would not load the game. Only games with sav files were loaded, which indicated that additional files could not be created on the memory card, despite a fair amount of space remaining.
    I added and deleted some games and homebrew, and things seemed okay.

    The next day, I loaded up Sakura and it froze at the end of the disk checking sequence before it reached the menus. It didn't really explain the error very well but I assumed that it was a similar issue to the game loading issues I encountered previously.
    I tried the M3 Real Loader instead and it worked, and I played Castlevania DoS for a while, though i was not able to use cheats, probably because the cheat file for the game could not be created and saved.

    I then plugged my memory card into my computer and backed up all my files. I formatted using Windows on fat32 (would have used Swissknife, but trying to install it gave me serious issues). I reloaded most of my files onto the card, omitting some needless files.
    Loading up Sakura, I found that the diskcheck was at least 3 times slower. I thought this strange but assumed it was just because I had just reformatted the card. Loading a game, I experienced similarly slower loading times. When I tried using the M3 Real Loader to try out some homebrew, both loading the firm ware and the game took 5 times longer. M3 usually takes only 3 seconds to load, but took 20 seconds this time.

    I would have been pretty okay with this but as I tried playing Castlevania DoS, a game which had previously run perfectly in all my tries, I experienced many graphical glitches. Certain sprites were distorted and glitchy, and Soma's running animation was filled with random blinking.

    Well, I don't know what to do.

    EDIT: About the Castlevania glitches, I believe that the rom just experienced some kind of corruption in the copying and transferring.
     
  2. illithid

    Newcomer illithid Advanced Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2008
    Messages:
    68
    Country:
    Indonesia
    Hi,
    I am experiencing the same problem like you (long Disk Check sequence), until I recently stumbled to a possible (albeit strange) solution for mine.

    What I do is plug the GBA expansion card in slot-2, boot Sakura, unplug it and the problem disappeared. Strange...
     
  3. marational
    OP

    Newcomer marational Advanced Member

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2006
    Messages:
    58
    Country:
    Canada
    The only expansions I own are the M3 rumble pack and the EZ-Flash 3 in 1. I'll give it a try though.

    Thanks.
     

Share This Page