Gaming [Serious and may involve suicide] Can you guys help me extract the time-sent metadata from an Animal Crossings New Horizons letter?

Xenth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a few weeks ago I received a relatively inoccuous friendly letter form an online friend that was kind and thoughtful. I hadn't been on in a while, so I don't know exactly when it was sent. It turns out this was the last communication anyone who knows this person has received and in retrospect it may have been analogous to a suicide note. In the time since, there was a suicide of a person with the same first name and age in the same town where my friend was from (but we don't know their last name) who could reasonably fit a description of them. Because we don't know exactly when I received that note (it could have been +/- 2 weeks around the suicide, we can't link the two. And we're really hoping the letter was from after, so we can hope they're still alive.

For context, I'm not 100% sure that my system clock was correct when I checked my mail, so I can't confirm this purely on the location of the letter in the queue relative to bank letters and the October Halloween letter.

• Sad
Reactions: BETA215

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure that letter is probably using rtc time. that's usually what's used when doing time sensitive stuff. don't know if you can check how far off it is from regular time or not as I know next to nothing about the switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat