Sequel to Elite Beat Agents?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by gimlianon, Mar 18, 2008.

Mar 18, 2008

Sequel to Elite Beat Agents? by gimlianon at 9:31 PM (2,775 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. gimlianon
    OP

Newcomer gimlianon Member

Canada
    Whats everyone think of a sequel to EBA being released state-side (or Canada side for me)?

2. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I think another one may be made, especially as there was a Jap sequel. Would be pretty good if we did get one, as it's one of the best games on the DS.

3. gimlianon
    OP

Newcomer gimlianon Member

Canada
    True say. My friends gave me my DS for my birthday this time last year, and it came with New Super Mario Bros, and EBA. I almost literally played EBA all that night in bed. It was great. [​IMG]

4. Gian

Member Gian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm sure they'll make another one.
    It'll be a bad decision if they didn't.
    And yes, EBA is such a great game.
    AGEEEEEEEEEENTS.

They should add a Michael Jackson song.
    That'll be awesome.

5. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    a sequel would be great. this time if the game followed actual beats in the song it would be even better.

6. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I'd love one but I think we have a very low chance of it occurring.

It didn't sell well at all [​IMG]

7. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    If they do make a sequel, I hope their music selection will be a little better than some of the ho-hum tracks on the first one.

8. Gian

United States
    Really? I thought it sold pretty well.
    Seeing as how it's on the top of alot of "Best DS games" lists.
    Maybe not as much as say, a Mario game, but for an intro to the whole series, it was gooood.

9. CZroe

Member CZroe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sales were barely "OK." Reggie came out and said how disappointed he was, considering that he championed the game's localization and almost single-handedly made it happen.

I still cringe when I see it in clearance bins everywhere. At Wal-Mart, you can find it bundled with a bunch of BD&A crap for $14.88 when it costs more than twice that behind the glass with the other DS games. That tells you that they had overproduced and that there were still LOADS remaining to sell. Retailers usually influence thier orders by manufacturer predictions, so many are probably feeling burned on the first and will not order many of any future sequel. Even so, I hope that word of mouth MAKES it happen.

I have purchased the game at least 10 times for friends, family, and coworkers, so I've done my part to spread the word.

10. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    If they made an EBA 2, I'd certainly play it. I totally suck at the first game beyond the easiest level, but it was a hell of a lot of fun. It surprised the shit out of me. I thought I would hate it, but it really got my heart pumping and I was really into it. It was among the last of the games I actually bought before I got a flashcart. At that time, I thought it was worth every penny I payed for it. I'd love an EBA 2.

11. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    The game always either follows the beat or picks a beat that complements it. So long as you have some rhythm it's easy.

Back on topic, I would totally play a sequel if it would come out in a heart beat. Love OTO/OTO2 and EBA. Great games. If OTO's performance is anything to go by, the first did poorly in Japan, until the 2nd one came out. With the 2nd one, the 1st suddenly got popular too.

12. Norman3000

Member Norman3000 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Wow! that would be great! anyways, are there any available now? i'm just itching to play its sequel, i did get most ranks a and S!!! hahaha, but i'm sure all of you could easily get an S rank on Jumpin' jack flash sweatin' and hardrock

13. Chedderknight

Member Chedderknight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    When I first heard of EBA I figured it to be another niche game, till i got it as a present, since then I've been hooked, playing through the Ouendan series and EBA, I truly hope there is a sequal stateside, or even a third sequel in Ouendans case

14. Kaos

Member Kaos Good show!

Australia
    Don't forget the Japanese versions, which are practically different games, with different songs and note patterns.

Ouendan and Ouendan 2.

15. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Man, I loved the EBA. One of the only games I've actually PURCHASED. It was worth it...

16. HyoImowano

Member HyoImowano GBAtemp Fan

United States
    They would sell better if they just released the two Japanese ones with only the text translated. I know a bunch of my friends who don't have flash carts got really hyped about it since I had shown them Ouendan, but when the track listing was totally changed, they just decided not to buy it, or to import Ouendan instead.

17. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    Most people prefer to play rhythm games to song they are familiar with. I'm one of those people. That doesn't mean I don't make exceptions, but when it comes down to it I'd prefer a song I've heard before over one I've never heard before in my life. Some basic reasons for this are knowing how the song goes before playing it once to have some sort of idea how the beat goes.

18. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    I'd love it if either a new Ouendan or EBA got released. I'm dying for some new stuff.

19. DBB

Newcomer DBB Member

Italy
    i would prefer a ouendan 3 than EBA 2, EBA was way too easy, some songs were off beat (but also on ouendan 2) and the track choice was pretty bad aswell... either put new songs or do an 80's compilation that always works!

Plus the characters were uninspired, forgettable and really stupid!

20. Gian

United States
    For EBA?
    I actually liked some of them. And laughed at some of them.
    Lucy's story was so sad. But then the dog's story was funny.

80's version? That'll do. (ahem, Guitar Hero: Rock's the 80's.) :