Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sounds like it would be more complicated. The whole point of the EOF is a more controlled /b/ board for GBATemp. Basically allowing just about anything (within the rules) to be posted. If someone is just spamming shitpost thread after shitpost thread, report them. Spamming is actually still against the rules, even in the EOF.
Not to mention, breaking those apart would honestly be more complicated for members, for really no reason. If anything, the point of the EOF and Off Topic being separated is just for that reason.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forum games don't necessarily have to be eof. If there's a degree of organization and civility to them they can sometimes be appropriate for gotc.
Hmmm... In that case, would you mind if I created a "clone" of my forum game, "what would you do if you were an admin", in gotc? That way, we could have both one in the EOF for messing around and making jokes, and one for serious, genuine discussion on how to make the site better. It's regrettable that @Vulpes Abnocto locked a thread that ended up becoming that exact thing.
Basically, move the forum games to a separate forum or subforum than the rest of EoF.
Thanks for taking my advice, I told you it was brilliant.

Last edited by Swiftloke,

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Swiftloke if it stays fairly serious, sure. Once it turns into a memefest and "well I'd just ban everyone who doesn't search" someone will most likely move it.

The other thing too is that you're not going to get in trouble for making threads in the wrong section unless it's a) a very frequent thing and b) pretty clear it's intentional. It's like 4 clicks for us to move it, not the end of the world imo.

If you think your thread is going to be better suited for non-eof, then don't post it in the eof. If someone says it belongs in the eof and we agree, we'll just move it, nbd. Or, If it devolves into something eof worthy, it either gets scrubbed or moved.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
OK well to reduce the amount of shitposts I will refuse this suggestion and lock this thread. The EOF does actually have standards and we do mod it despite what some may think, if you spot anything unsuitable or someone acting like a dick there report it. As for games and such they should generally remain in the eof, I don't see how slightly less strict moderating and a lack of post count accumulation can harm any of the possible games in there.

So yeah closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?