Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, yes, I know, the n00b flood is only a problem once a year, and the rest of the year there's no need for such over-engineering, but a suitably overkill solution to the problem would be to host separate boards on separate servers. So while the n00bs are overloading the "releases" board or the "game discussion" board, other parts of the forum are responsive and lag-free.

Because, just when you think it's over... the DS Xtreme team will release a firmware update
ph34r.gif

Okay, okay, that one is a bit far-fetched, but still
laugh.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Yes, yes, I know, the n00b flood is only a problem once a year, and the rest of the year there's no need for such over-engineering, but a suitably overkill solution to the problem would be to host separate boards on separate servers. So while the n00bs are overloading the "releases" board or the "game discussion" board, other parts of the forum are responsive and lag-free.

Because, just when you think it's over... the DS Xtreme team will release a firmware update Â
ph34r.gif
Â

Okay, okay, that one is a bit far-fetched, but stillÂ
laugh.gif

we already dont have lagman here anymore (rumors say he's with this GH3) ... :'(

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It would be a solution yes, but it's not exactly feasible for us, we're a non-profit site after all
I know, I know, that's why I said it was a pipe dream.

It would be nice, though. I get those "MySQL error" messages even "out of season".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning