Hacking Sent in n3ds on 9.2 for repairs, should i be worried?

Will they update my 3ds?

• Total voters

Battosai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The C stick was having problems with pressing right and down... Are the going to update it past 9.2?

I was waiting for gateway to release the update.. now that i've sent it in i'm thinking it was a mistake and i should have waited till it was possible to do a nand back up or taken it to a 3rd party.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The C stick was having problems with pressing right and down... Are the going to update it past 9.2?

I was waiting for gateway to release the update.. now that i've sent it in i'm thinking it was a mistake and i should have waited till it was possible to do a nand back up or taken it to a 3rd party.
They always update them, sorry.

Reactions: Random Joe

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can always buy a new one then swap the back cover and return it. ( im pretty sure its illegal..but if it was an "accident" then you know...oh well.) id probably pay in cash tho just to be safe lol

Reactions: DSlite2 and 2Hack

Battosai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be worth getting sky3ds for my n3ds and just keep the GW for my old xl? I'm afraid of going with sky since people have some problems/ and lose out on some features

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be worth getting sky3ds for my n3ds and just keep the GW for my old xl? I'm afraid of going with sky since people have some problems/ and lose out on some features

I haven't had a problem with either of my Skys but it's just the lack of features that make me prefer my GW

Personally, I'd say if you could help it, avoid losing GW

stewartie4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any time I've ever done something like that I've told them on no uncertain terms not to update and got them to sign the receipt to that effect. Seems like a lot of work to go through but it protects you should they do it.

Battosai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any time I've ever done something like that I've told them on no uncertain terms not to update and got them to sign the receipt to that effect. Seems like a lot of work to go through but it protects you should they do it.

I didn't think of that, i would'v thought they would just ignore it since their site states they will upgrade it.

stewartie4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't think of that, i would'v thought they would just ignore it since their site states they will upgrade it.

The 3DS is still your property and you have the right to say what is and is not to be done with it, and make your terms a condition of you using their services. They are modifying your console in a way that negatively affects the value of it to you and that you didn't want or ask for.

In saying all that if you didn't tell them this when you handed the 3DS in they're probably going to do it - maybe try and give them a phone?

Battosai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS is still your property and you have the right to say what is and is not to be done with it, and make your terms a condition of you using their services. They are modifying your console in a way that negatively affects the value of it to you and that you didn't want or ask for.

In saying all that if you didn't tell them this when you handed the 3DS in they're probably going to do it - maybe try and give them a phone?

Couldn't they just refuse to repair it then?

stewartie4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Couldn't they just refuse to repair it then?

Yes, they could but at least you would've dodged a bullet and could easily go somewhere else. They'd much prefer your business and to be honest only update your console as a "convenience" if you tell them not to they'd have no problem leaving it alone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1