homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I sent this email to Edge team:
Dear team Edge,
> I think that this issue is not known and that's why I write to you.NOTE: I run the latest Edge Firmware (1.43). So when I try to connect my Pokemon Pearl/Diamond game with My Pokemon Ranch (Wii Ware Title) and Pokemon Battle Revolution the games stucks on 2 white screens. I would like to know if there is any possible solution to fix this problem (like patching it etc.) I would like to also like to know if the team is capable of fixing this issue. (I personally believe it can)... There are some other wii connectivity problems with other games too... Keep up the good work!!!
> With Appreciation,
> Gullwing
And here's the huge answer they gave me...
This is currently not supported by EDGE.

Regards - EDGE R&D Team

----您于 Mon, 19 Jan 2009 21:17:55 +0200 的来信中写到:----
Does anyone know how to fix these pokemon errors???

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Most flashcarts does not support linking between the Wii and the DS so this is not something unheard of. In fact there's only 2 different flashcarts that support this and one of them is out of production and the other being CycloDS Evolution.

So in order to be able to link Pkmn Diamond/Pearl with the Wii you'll either need the original game or a CycloDS Evolution.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FIRST don't double post within an hour of posting your first just go back and edit and await an answer!

second Wii connectivity tends to be hit and miss ...CYCLO is about the best card for this to date ... most other cards also fail.... the edge is a close clone of the CYCLO but as you discovered its not compatible ... it may get fixed in a later update it may not.... it depends on the demand!

.....or just live without it like the rest of us
smile.gif

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
FIRST don't double post within an hour of posting your first just go back and edit and await an answer!

second Wii connectivity tends to be hit and miss ...CYCLO is about the best card for this to date ... most other cards also fail.... the edge is a close clone of the CYCLO but as you discovered its not compatible ... it may get fixed in a later update it may not.... it depends on the demand!

smile.gif
You know what I hate about this site? It is the way the "huge post-count" members treat other, common members like shit... I'm not a noob that does not know what wii means but neither a SO KNOWING IT ALL HACKER.... So I beg you cut this bossy and sarcasm shit and stop treating me like a child... Is that ok??? Someone lock this thread... It seems like I'm an 15 year old that knows nothing...

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gullwing said:
kobykaan said:

smile.gif
You know what I hate about this site? It is the way the "huge post-count" members treat other, common members like shit... I'm not a noob that does not know what wii means but neither a SO KNOWING IT ALL HACKER.... So I beg you cut this bossy and sarcasm shit and stop treating me like a child... Is that ok??? Someone lock this thread... It seems like I'm an 15 year old that knows nothing...

LOL ...You say your not a NOOB then you will ALREADY know not to bump your own post 1 hour later because you have had no response!

you want treating like a grown up then STOP ACTING LIKE ONE and don't spit your dummy out because you got told off for bumping your own post!

BTW for the record 15 = still a child 18 = adult!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Gullwing said:

He wasn't treating you like shit, he was telling you how the preferred method of doing things on GBAtemp is. Double posting is a no-no, you should have gone back and edited your post. You're not the first to be told this and throwing a strop because you don't like being told how to behave won't stop it happening again. Koby was just trying to help you out and you threw it back in his face, you're the one who has come off as rude here in my opinion.

Like he said, the Wii connectivity is an long-standing complaint from alot of users of alot of cards. You just have to go through the R4 section to see all the posts. If you like the game that much and the Wii connectivity is that important to you then go out and buy the game or a flashcart that supports it, simple as in my opinion.

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Gullwing said:

He wasn't treating you like shit, he was telling you how the preferred method of doing things on GBAtemp is. Double posting is a no-no, you should have gone back and edited your post. You're not the first to be told this and throwing a strop because you don't like being told how to behave won't stop it happening again. Koby was just trying to help you out and you threw it back in his face, you're the one who has come off as rude here in my opinion.

Like he said, the Wii connectivity is an long-standing complaint from alot of users of alot of cards. You just have to go through the R4 section to see all the posts. If you like the game that much and the Wii connectivity is that important to you then go out and buy the game or a flashcart that supports it, simple as in my opinion.
Sorry grandpa I'm too yound to tell you the abc right??? You may be 30 or 50 or 80... I don't care.... But I won't let you talk to me like that... I am just a small child for you with no ideals, thoughts and feelings to you ehh??? Quess what... I am a human being... I may be an ass and all but I hate people talking to me like that... My problem isn't what you said but the way you said it... And I may be a child that knows nothing but I am not a selfish liitle bitchy boy that wants to insult other people... And big guy... 15:TEEN 18:ADULT... So shut the hell up!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker