Mazor

Z80 master arch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anyone know how much it would approximately cost to send a package containing a DS Lite from the US to Europe? Specifically it would go to Sweden. It would also be marked as Gift so no tax etc.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
USPS offers no tracking of the package however
frown.gif

Other mail options that DO offer tracking charge an arm an a leg for plane fuel from what I have been told.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WeaponXxX said:
USPS offers no tracking of the package however
incorrect. you obviously have never posted anything via express mail (ems). the tracking is actually pretty good.

and as long as you declare the item with a low value (say 30-40usd), you shouldn't have any issues with taxes and/or duties. trust me, I've posted close to 500 wii, ps3, ds lites, psp's and rockband bundles overseas over the past few years and no one has ever had to pay and taxes on my parcels.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know I have had several arguments with paypal over this, maybe it is just an Illnois thing but several Illinois based post offices have told me they can not offer real tracking. With Express mail they informed me they could tell me when the package left the state, then the country, then arrived in the country, and nothing more...and were very reluctant to call it tracking.

With Paypal having the ability to just play judge, jury, and executioner with your money you better believe I want to make sure I have real tracking before I do any shipping.

Again Thieves I have HEARD from paypal that you can get tracking from USPS I (at 8 different branches) have not been able to revieve this service.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for all the fast replies. Not that I have any clue about how much a pound or ounce weighs, but I'll convert it etc.

kryss

Trophies
Website
www.animecouncil.net
XP
Country
thieves like us said:
and as long as you declare the item with a low value (say 30-40usd), you shouldn't have any issues with taxes and/or duties. trust me, I've posted close to 500 wii, ps3, ds lites, psp's and rockband bundles overseas over the past few years and no one has ever had to pay and taxes on my parcels.
The limit in the UK is 18 quid (or about US$35 ??) anything above that has to pay import tax and handling fees. Perhaps they just didn't tell you?
I have no idea what the limit is for Sweden and can't seem to the find the info (my Svenksa is not very good).

1lb = 454g

Mazor

Z80 master arch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kryss said:
thieves like us said:
The limit in the UK is 18 quid (or about US$35 ??) anything above that has to pay import tax and handling fees. Perhaps they just didn't tell you?
I have no idea what the limit is for Sweden and can't seem to the find the info (my Svenksa is not very good).

1lb = 454g
The limit in Sweden is around 85USD. But just as thieves said, regardless of how much value the package has it doesn't matter as long as you declare is as less than the limit. Dealextreme is an example of a store that does this and I've never had to pay any tax for the stuff that have been over the limit as they were declared as under it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"