Hardware Sending my Wii for repairs

Mike Hawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wii a launch day wii, wiikey installed. i started getting the GPU dots so i placed an order to have my wii repaired. my plan is to have a friend let me swap out dvd drives and send it in.

so here are my questions:

how much does it cost(shipping excluded)?
when do i have to pay?
will they replace the DVD drive with a newer model?
will they get fishy about me opening my wii?

thanks in advance

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
dunno, depends what they tell you. My first wii's wifi destroyed the system so I got a new one free of charge, it was within the one year warranty. i had a brand new one in two days. They gave me a week to ship back the old one in the prepaid box (same packaging). Good service. The warranty also resets.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got the same bloody problem. My Wii has fucked up and all the xbox360s I've played have never broken or gotten RROD.

I have no modchip and the console has been well ventilated with nothing near it...in a cool room.

Fuck
frown.gif
just out of warranty also.

Even if it is in warranty Nintendo still will only look at it if you pay them $40? what bullshit

Mike Hawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the same bloody problem. My Wii has fucked up and all the xbox360s I've played have never broken or gotten RROD.

I have no modchip and the console has been well ventilated with nothing near it...in a cool room.

Fuck
frown.gif

Even if it is in warranty Nintendo still will only look at it if you pay them $40? what bullshit

if you register your system with nintendo.com you can have an extra 3 months of warranty, thus your wii will still be in warranty so you dont have to pay at all.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Fuck
frown.gif

Hmm, I can't remember . . . were you one of the people who said they leave WiiConnect24 on all the time and had no fear of it frying their Wii?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Fuck
frown.gif

Hmm, I can't remember . . . were you one of the people who said they leave WiiConnect24 on all the time and had no fear of it frying their Wii?

I turn my console off at the power point after i'm done using it...so no WiiConnect hasn't been on. Even if I wanted to leave WiiConnect on it shouldn't crap out like that.

I haven't even used my Wii that much.

Thanks for the tip Mike I'll register.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unless you open your Wii like an animal then there's no way to tell it's been opened after you close it back up. It doesn't have a sticker like the 360. Just take the white stickers/bumper pads off with a razor carefully.

Also like Lazycuz said make sure to shut your wii off completely, unplug it even, when you're not playing it. As the fan shuts off in stand-by(wiiconnect24) mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt