Hacking Sending my N3DS in for repair, should I update to 10.x beforehand ?

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, so I've got my N3DSXL about 3 weeks ago, downgraded from 9.9 to 9.2, set up Emunand, etc.
Now I'm going to send it in for repair because of the c-stick. Ofc I'll remove everything that could be
connected to hax/cfw but I don't know if I should upgrade the firmware to 10.x before sending it to
Nintendo (since a N3DS that came with 9.9 being on 9.2 might be a little suspicious ?) On top of that
I don't know if the downgrade process is visible in the tickets.db file.
I'd like to hear some opinions, maybe even from people who got their system repaired.

thanks

The real problem is that the downgrade let some residual titles from your original FW,like the Amiibo ones. I sent in the past a console (non-downgraded) in 9.2 with 9999 hours of browser. I received it updated,but anything else was ok.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I received it in 9.6 when the latest FW at the moment was 9.9. It was on Nintendo Spain.

CokeCookie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If he removes the Amiibo title and any another 10.3 leftover,there will not be any problem. Of course,restore anything modified like the DS BlackList or the AGB_Firm.
I didn't modify anything on my sysnand and updated it through the official updater before sending it in.

Small update : I called Nintendo's support today and got told that they replaced a lot more than just my C-Stick. In fact according to the support guy
they replaced the c-stick, one of the display cables and my mainboard. I mean.. wtf ? Aside from my one problem everything was fine when I sent it in.
Obviously a replaced mb would suck for a lot of reasons. Would I even be able to use my old Emunand if that's the case ?

NetOps000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't modify anything on my sysnand and updated it through the official updater before sending it in.

Small update : I called Nintendo's support today and got told that they replaced a lot more than just my C-Stick. In fact according to the support guy
they replaced the c-stick, one of the display cables and my mainboard. I mean.. wtf ? Aside from my one problem everything was fine when I sent it in.
Obviously a replaced mb would suck for a lot of reasons. Would I even be able to use my old Emunand if that's the case ?

No unfortunately not, new mainboard is like a complete new system.

CokeCookie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah I looked a little bit into manual sysnand/emunand transfer but without the xorpads of the old system that won't be an option.
well maybe they just replaced something on the mb and not the whole thing (they could be referring to the c-stick).
Still, I'm kinda glad that I don't have anything more important than my savegames on there and even made two backups for every game.

Zabhahs

Goron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I've got my N3DSXL about 3 weeks ago, downgraded from 9.9 to 9.2, set up Emunand, etc.
Now I'm going to send it in for repair because of the c-stick. Ofc I'll remove everything that could be
connected to hax/cfw but I don't know if I should upgrade the firmware to 10.x before sending it to
Nintendo (since a N3DS that came with 9.9 being on 9.2 might be a little suspicious ?) On top of that
I don't know if the downgrade process is visible in the tickets.db file.
I'd like to hear some opinions, maybe even from people who got their system repaired.

thanks
As long as its faulty, try replacing c stick with a PSP 100 stick. It takes some getting used to but it works really well for mh4u

CokeCookie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As long as its faulty, try replacing c stick with a PSP 100 stick. It takes some getting used to but it works really well for mh4u
I hope the c-stick will work fine after the repairs but if I'm still finding it uncomfortable I'll do that for sure.
Though it would be even better if I could find PSP sticks that have rubber on them since the grip on the plastic
ones wasn't that great either.

Zabhahs

Goron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the c-stick will work fine after the repairs but if I'm still finding it uncomfortable I'll do that for sure.
Though it would be even better if I could find PSP sticks that have rubber on them since the grip on the plastic
ones wasn't that great either.
You could probably buy a cover for it. Im buying a cover for my circle pad because its too slippy, i bet psp had then as well

CokeCookie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes there were rubber covers for the stick but it seems they are sold out everywhere. After all the PSP is getting quite old.
But maybe there's another stick with the same size on a newer console, gonna do some research :D

Zabhahs

Goron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes there were rubber covers for the stick but it seems they are sold out everywhere. After all the PSP is getting quite old.
But maybe there's another stick with the same size on a newer console, gonna do some research :D
If you do let me know, I have the psp stick in but my brothers dont like it so an alternative would be nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning