Sending in my limited edition zelda 3ds, might not get it back D:

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by chavosaur, Jul 23, 2012.

1. chavosaur
    OP

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    My zelda 3ds screens are scratched to shit because of the top resting on the bottom "yes the typical 3ds problem again." And I didn't buy into screen protectors until it was too late. Plus, My left shoulder button has always given me trouble since the day I bought the system, so I decided enough was enough and I would send it in. I called nintendo yesterday, and the guy I talked to was super helpful. When he was finished telling me how to send it in and whatever, I asked him (worst case scenario) if they have to replace the 3ds, will they replace it with another zelda 3ds? He starts to get into the whole "As much as we would like to help you sir..." Deal, and then told me what I didn't wanna hear. I may not get it back if they have to replace it. Then he tries to make it sound a bit better by saying "But you can pick any color you'd like to replace it with!" BLEH!
    I love my Zelda 3ds, and I would hate to lose it just because of manufacturers defects!
    While I don't know for sure that I will lose it, it upsets me to think that I could lose it when I didn't do anything to it in the first place.

EZ-Megaman likes this.

2. DaggerV

Member DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    See if you can get the zelda 3DS back too, then send it off to somebody else that's 3rd party.

3. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    I would send them a note in the comment box when you open up a repair. Be sure to remind them as much as possible, if it's possible that you would like the Zelda 3DS back.

Then hope for the best.

4. chavosaur
    OP

pip
    United States
    I told the guy that I would like it back if they can save it, but He told me if they can't repair it without replacing it and I still want it back they will send it back without repair. Which would also suck because I know my left shoulder button is going to die soon, and I hate looking at my scratched screens. So its a pickle for sure :/

5. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
    The only other option is to do the repairs yourself but then you risk messing up your 3ds.

6. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    Trust me, your going to get your Zelda 3DS back. I sent mine in a while ago also for messed up screens and the OS somehow bricking itself. And I even ASKED, if I could have a new 3DS altogether because I wanted a different color. I got the same exact one (I could tell because I made a small nic in the side casing for ID)

7. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    They told me that if they replaced it then I could only get black back.
    I wanted white.

8. Kikirini

Member Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

United States
    Well, they should tell you right off the bat if they have to use a different 3DS. I know when I had to send in my Zelda 3DS for repair, they had to check their stock to make sure they had any of the same model, just in case.

9. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    I also have the 3ds Zelda edition.
    They had a deal in the local store. 90 euro and hand in ur old 3ds + 1 game and you get a brand new 3DS XL. Was thinking about it, but I'll lose my zelda 3ds :(
    I'll try repurchasing another 3DS for the XL one perhaps. Depends on how much car repairs will cost.

10. chavosaur
    OP

pip
    United States
    They told me they didn't carry the zelda model at all anymore

11. AceWarhead

Member AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

United States
    Tell them," SCREW YOU CHEAP ASSHOLES!"
    But honestly, I'd just ask them if they could transfer the case or open it up and fix it, so you can keep that lovely 3DS.

12. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    This reminds of when my gf sent in her baby bule ds lite. They were out of stock as well and they did agree to slap the case on the replacement. But the case ended up damage by mistake during removal. Nintendo repair center offered to give her any case they still had in production. She got a limited edition hot pink case, originally only available to japan units. Got to love her mom. She can talk anyone into giving free replacements and refunds well pasted the receipt date.

13. chavosaur
    OP

pip
    United States
    If I was able to choose a color and a plate to replace my limited edition plate, I'd force them to find that fire emblem plate :tpi:

14. CrimzonEyed

Member CrimzonEyed GBAtemp's Assassin

Japan
    You know that Gamestop give's you 1250kr for your old 3DS if you pre-order, you also get a charger + they let you do a system tranfer.

1 person likes this.
  15. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    yeah this is the deal I'm talking about. But still, I'll lose my Zelda edition 3ds... Don't think it's worth it ;)

16. dicamarques

Member dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Portugal
    The other day i sent my 3DS because of L and Y buttons where stuck and i got the same 3DS with a brand new mother board, pretty neat. So i dont think you'll lose your Special Edition 3DS.

17. chavosaur
    OP

pip
    United States
    I called nintendo again right before sending it in, and this time I got a different supervisor person to talk too. I explained my problems of a scratched screen, messed up buttons etc. Then told him about my limited edition. He proceeds to tell me that judging from the nature of my problems, they would have to replace the 3ds and i wouldnt get a limited edition back. So i didnt send my 3ds in and now im pretty pissed off. I managed to fix my scratches a little with some scratch away stuff designed for gaming screens, but theres no telling what will happen to my shoulder buttons. Theres no wayy in hell im gonna touch em myself, so im beginning to think the only choice I have left is enjoy the 3ds until the shoulder buttons go, then send it away to be replaced. Its horrible D:

18. CrimzonEyed

Member CrimzonEyed GBAtemp's Assassin

Japan
    Well that's sucks.

Trading in my own zelda limited edition tomorrow for an XL.

It doesn't really feel like a limited edition though since a lot of store are still selling them almost a year after release.

19. Attainable

Newcomer Attainable Advanced Member

United States
    I know this sounds kind of ridiculous...but you can fix the shoulder buttons by blowing into them as you would a N64 cartridge. Put your mouth on the shoulder button and blow into it.

Not kidding.

20. DaggerV

Member DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    :( that sucks, I'd call again and raise heckle and have people fix that up, even if it takes awhile to get it back.