Sending in a softmodded wii to nintendo?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sportsmaniac095, Jan 1, 2010.

Jan 1, 2010
  1. sportsmaniac095
    OP

Newcomer sportsmaniac095 Member

United States
    My friend said his wii is softmodded and it displays the message "your wii system files are corrupt" in distorted letters. He asked me if they would fix it at nintendo if you payed the 80 dollars. I have no idea so i came here... Do they fix your wii and can you get fined if they find out its modded? He said its a launch wii btw

2. CasperH

CasperH Newbie

He is the friend probably [​IMG]

3. wadzinsky

Newcomer wadzinsky Advanced Member

United States
    [​IMG]

4. sportsmaniac095
    OP

United States
    ok its me haha. but i was so confused so i used ATD and deleted the homebrew channel also so i think this wii is UNfixable.

5. wadzinsky

United States
    Ok, WHY would you uninstall HBC? This is your ONLY shot at anything in the hacking community. Every part of hacking or softmodding a wii relies on the HBC being installed. I'm afraid with my knowledge on the subject, I can be of no help to you. Unless you were smart enough to install preloader and/or BootMii and make a NAND backup prior to F___ing things up

6. sportsmaniac095
    OP

United States
    i checked it and did not make a nand backup so i think im screwed lol

"Other than that, your wii is toast and you need to send it to Nintendo and possibly get slapped with a hefty fee for them to fix it. Good luck with that"

^do you know how much the price is for them to repair it if its softmodded? I heard it was 250 but that doesnt make sense since a new one costs 199

thanks

7. wadzinsky

United States
    Did you check the link in DeadlyFoez response? He said your wii could be fixed using it. I'd listen to him he seems to know what he's talking about.

8. wadzinsky

United States
    BTW.. I finally figured out how I (temproarily) bricked my wii the other day. I installed the system menu wad from the NSMB disc through wad manager. I WAS running 4.2u. My wii bricked cuz I didn't have IOS60 which the system menu I installed required. [​IMG] oops. Stupid...., But prepared... Noob

I didn't realize nsmb only had 4.1 on it.

9. wadzinsky

United States
    LU30 with bootmii in boot 2 [​IMG] seems to fix all these days. So I use this as my test Wii before I mess with a LU64+ using a program I've never used.

BTW: i hope Junker's all right. He got stuck in an infinite loop on his post there....

10. sportsmaniac095
    OP

United States
    okay sweet i can go to the preloader....
    when i hit system menu it does the distorted text
    when i hit Homebrew Channel, it says Error autobooting HBC maybe title not installed?
    when i hit Installed File, Error autobooting file. Try reinstalling! Seek Failed!
    when i hit load/install file, it says BOOT ELF (then a space) ._boot.elf
    and for settings i have it at...
    autoboot File
    return to Preloader
    shutdown to Preloader
    stop disc off
    show beta updates on
    light slot on error off
    ignore standby writing off
    system ios 60

My IOS is v60
    System menu is v449
    preloader v0.29

I am now convinced i can fix it but I dont know what to put on my sd card to get everything back (HBC, etc) If you could put titles/download links thatd be great!
    You can even email me them

Sportsmaniac095@aol.com

thanks

11. wadzinsky

United States
    So what the heck is going on here. Is this guy for REAL trying to get banned? Or is this some sort of joke?

Sportsmaniac... sorry. got a little side tracked. Sorry bud, I don't think we can give links to files in the forums or PM's. Forum rules advise against it. From the sounds of your last post, You have system menu 4.1 installed....

Try reading some more of DeadlyFoez brick fixing post.. sometimes if I read things 100 times, they make more sense. I don;t think is thread can get any more simple.. Unfortunately, I would be treading in un-charted territory so I'm not going to suggest anything I haven't tried myself.

12. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Sorry about the spam attack. I've deleted the guy's posts, sorry if the thread got a little disjointed there.

13. sportsmaniac095
    OP

United States
    ^ yes i didnt think you could give links but can you give out titles of things i need to put on my sd card?(or is that not allowed either)
    thanks

14. Wack0

Member Wack0 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I'd start by putting the hackmii installer boot.elf on the root of the SD card.

Then i'd hit load/install file and choose to install .
    Then i'd hit installed file and use HackMii installer to install HBC. Then i'd follow the unbricking guide here.

15. sportsmaniac095
    OP

United States
    ^ ok thanks ill try it and post back later if it works
    thanks for the help

16. sportsmaniac095
    OP

United States
    k installed the preloader thing from wii brew and it loads up to bootmii (the thing with the 4 symbols) when i hit syste menu it loads up the screen where it talks about the scam and press 1 to continue.i do and it says installer cannot continue because there is no vulnerable IOS installed on the wii. When i hit Homebrew channel the screen just turns black. What do i do now/download? Thanks so much im gaining hope that this will work [​IMG]

17. wadzinsky

United States
    I think he's running v4.1u.. Read in an earlier post of his on this thread he gave a detailed summary of what preloader was telling him

from his post...

My IOS is v60
    System menu is v449
    preloader v0.29

I haven't looked, couldn't you use the boot.dol from the hackmii installer to re-install HBC from preloader? or did he try that and get that error he just stated.

18. Unfortune

Member Unfortune GBAtemp Fan

Pakistan
    why the....
    why would you lie and say that "my friend bricked his Wii" even though it was you? whats the point? whats the difference???

19. sportsmaniac095
    OP

United States
    the savemiifrii method is plugging in a gc controller into port 4 and pressing the d pad in all directions right when u boot the wii up right?

20. wadzinsky

United States
    not sure, but I watched a video on it, I think you have to push Up, Down, Left, and Right all at the same time. The video had the GC controller apart and it appeared that was what he was doing. Preloader changed the method to only pushing up on the GC controller in port 4. If you have preloader installed, you should just only have to push up on the D-pad of the controller in port 4