Homebrew Sending in a hacked 3ds to repair.

KyoIsHacking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Now my old 3ds and new 3ds xl both have broken batteries and I'm uncomfortable to buy an unofficial battery (official ones not offered by nintendo in europe).
For the n3dsxl I figured i can use the battery of my o3dsxl for now but i still wanna replace the original one.
So I'm wondering, is it enough to plug out the sd card and remove luma from the ctrnand, so they can't detect hacks? or do i need to do smth else to make it complete stealthy?

Last edited by KyoIsHacking,

RickFryMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now my old 3ds and new 3ds xl both have broken batteries and I'm uncomfortable to get rid of them by myself and to buy an unofficial battery.
For the n3dsxl I figured i can use the battery of my o3dsxl for now but i still wanna replace the original one.
So I'm wondering, is it enough to plug out the sd card and remove luma from the ctrnand, so they can't detect hacks? or do i need to do smth else to make it complete stealthy?
The o3ds doesn't seem to even turn on anymore, not sure if I put luma on the nand there but well if I did... rip. though i wonder if there would be any consequences from that.

I don't have any experience with it personally but I've heard from several people that they've sent their hacked systems in for repair with no problem. Honestly though, you can buy the official Nintendo battery replacement online for about 10 to $15 and the tool is about $5. It's pretty easy to swap out yourself and there are many guides online. The new 2DS XL is a little tricky though but it's still doable.

RickFryMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they don't offer this in europe. i searched everywhere and nowhere they had the official battery as i said.

That's my bad, I didn't catch the part about you being in Europe. That would complicate things. Did you only look for the battery on Nintendo's website? I don't know about Europe but I found several third party sites that sell the official battery here in the States. I even found it on Amazon here.

KyoIsHacking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Did you only look for the battery on Nintendo's website?
Nah i also checked german amazon (austria doesn't have an own one) and also there i couldn't find it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then you going have to import it or buy a broken 3DS like cracked screen and use the replacement battery in that unit.

https://onlineshop.nintendo.co.jp/shop/item_list?category_id=279889

you could get it from Japan and have it forward like with a forwarding service like tenso.
Buying a broken 3ds doesn't sound good to me, like what do i do with the rest of it. Also not familiar with ordering through a forwarding service is that complicated? Tbh I'd rather go with my original solution. I don't think nintendo is gonna charge unfairly for replacing the battery. even if they did, they would send me an email with the price before i accept to "repair" it.

RickFryMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now my old 3ds and new 3ds xl both have broken batteries and I'm uncomfortable to get rid of them by myself and to buy an unofficial battery.

Damn, I wish I had a solution for you. I'm not sure what it's like over there but here in the states, a lot of mom and pop gaming stores can repair systems. they might be able to get batteries.

Last edited by RickFryMcFly,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah i also checked german amazon (austria doesn't have an own one) and also there i couldn't find it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Buying a broken 3ds doesn't sound good to me, like what do i do with the rest of it. Also not familiar with ordering through a forwarding service is that complicated? Tbh I'd rather go with my original solution. I don't think nintendo is gonna charge unfairly for replacing the battery. even if they did, they would send me an email with the price before i accept to "repair" it.

Well you get rid of the unit, I mean if the screen are cracked from the replacement. If you get it from Japan the total should be order price+ 20 Euro probably, for the order from Nintendo and shipping price from Tenso, not sure about how much you will get charge for importing. Buying a broken unit is easier to source in your country probably like website on ebay.

Im don't even know if Nintendo will even service it if it just battery.

Last edited by Hayato213,

KyoIsHacking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Tbh I'm fine with getting rid of my hax, sending to nintendo and installing them later again but of course just plugging sd card out and removing the boot.firm from the nand would be easier and faster than uninstalling all my homebrews.

RickFryMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh I'm fine with getting rid of my hax, sending to nintendo and installing them later again but of course just plugging sd card out and removing the boot.firm from the nand would be easier and faster than uninstalling all my homebrews.

I'm not sure if they can do anything about homebrew or custom firmware as long as there isn't anything pirated on there. Again, I don't know the laws over there versus over here though.

Last edited by RickFryMcFly,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1