sending homebrew from ds to ds using DS Download Station.

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by ThomasWii, Mar 25, 2008.

1. ThomasWii
    OP

Member ThomasWii Member

United Kingdom
    Ok here we go, I downloaded DS Download Station - Volume 1 and DS Download Station - Volume 2 then using ndstool extracted both of them to different folders, in DS Download Station - Volume 2 there is a file called "AMFEdemo" which is Metroid Prime Hunters Demo, then renamed it to AMFEclip, copied that to DS Download Station - Volume 1 so it over rid the one that was in there, which is Metroid Prime Hunters Movie, then created DS Download Station - Volume 1, tested out DS Download Station - Volume 1 on my bros ds so my ds was sending it to him. And instead of booting the Clip it booted the demo. Then i looked a the AMFEdemo in a hex editor and looked at the .nds demo of metroid prime hunters i got from here. They look completely different. Put i was wondering if there is a tool they used to convert the .nds demo to the one stored in the DS Download Station, if we can find a tool or make one, we could send homebrew apps that run off ram like worldofsand and send them using DS Download Station.

I think i got all that right.

Cya
    Thomas

2. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    What are the extensions of the files you renamed inside of the DLstation ROM? I think it is .bin and one cannot convert .nds→.bin

3. ThomasWii
    OP

Member ThomasWii Member

United Kingdom
    they have no extensions, there just files.

Cya
    Thomas

4. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Even if you did hack the NDS Download Station to send homebrew, there is still the RSA check that every unflashed DS performs before it runs the file. The RSA signature has not been cracked yet, if ever.

5. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom