Sending DS to Nintendo

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by 4saken, Feb 1, 2007.

Feb 1, 2007

Sending DS to Nintendo by 4saken at 7:36 AM (829 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. 4saken
    OP

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Note: The below applies to Nintendo Australia in particular, but if you can, please reply with your experiences from any Nintendo country.

I have a red stuck pixel. And I don't like it.

Just this morning I sent it away to Nintendo's Service Centre, along with receipt of purchase, for them to repair with my warranty. I did this under the advice of a friend - who gave me the web address and told me the details. However what he didn't tell me is that you should ring Nintendo before you ship the product to them. And I didn't. Starting to worry if my DS will get lost :/

Will my DS be fine? [​IMG]

2. GameGeezer

Member GameGeezer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You might want to call Nintendo to advise them that you sent it to them. They usually refer to repairs by their repair order number. Maybe they can tell you what they do with items without repair orders.

3. 4saken
    OP

Australia
    Fuck.

EDIT: I was hoping I wouldn't hear something like that. I think Nintendo Australia is closed for my timezone. Looks like I'll have to ring tomorrow. $1.50 a minute -__-. I'll enjoy this months bill. Hoping my DS will be safe without ringing them anyway. I mean, they have my phone number [​IMG] why cant they ring me for 20 cents?

Thanks for the reply btw

4. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ouch, companies usually dont accept packages without RMA#, i guess they mail it back (refuse package) seems most logical choice

5. 4saken
    OP

Australia
    I guess this is better than losing it. I'll try ring them anyway.

EDIT: anybody from Australia with any news? I mean, I registered the mail and all so I'm hoping it won't get fucked up in postage.

6. Farami9

Member Farami9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    mate its ok if you sent it to:

Service Department
    Nintendo Australia
    804 Stud Road
    SCORESBY VIC 3179

If you ring them they just tell you where to send it and also tell you that they charge you $25 to check your unit. If they find a problem (which they will) if it is covered by warranty then they repair it free and not charge you the $25. If it is not covered by the warranty they will charge you $25 and the cost of the repair.

Also when I have a dead pixel, Myer gave me a new DS system....

Also when I sent my system I gave no RMA# nor did Nintendo give me one...

7. 4saken
    OP

Australia
    Your reply brings relief to my heart

8. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    don't trust eb for returns, their policies are pretty tight from what i know. if you wanna be safe go for target , kmart or bigw. i got a better deal from one of those myself than what eb offers. its a nice insurance.

9. 4saken
    OP

Australia
    Yes and thats precisely the problem. I always thought EB was a respected company, an in many aspects it is, but it's lost its part in my book. Luckily in the same shopping centre I have a GamesWizards too

10. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    EB was a great place to but games & systems, but not any more. Now they just suck.