Hardware Sending 3DS in for repairs. Box up everything?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
With my DSi, they instructed me to remove my stylus, game cart, and SD Card. I also transferred my Wi-Fi settings to another DS just in case, though it has never been needed.

You can just send it in a generic cardboard box; they don't need the original.

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all. After posting, I noticed that my Spam folder in my email had a message, and it was one from Nintendo that described the way to ship my 3DS for repairs, including what shouldn't be included. Odd that it came after the actual shipping label email and was put in my spam folder.

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Just don't be the fool who sent in a flashcart with their system to be repaired only to be returned a repaired system without the flashcart.

I made sure of that. In fact, my DSTwo had a really hard time fitting in my 3DS when I had my PP+ installed on it, so I haven't been using it.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just don't be the fool who sent in a flashcart with their system to be repaired only to be returned a repaired system without the flashcart.
....that would be theft. nintendo isnt the police and cant confiscate anything. even if its illegal in your country. now them accidentally breaking your card seems more likely

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Nintendo warns you that any accessories you send in will not be returned (along with your box), and you agree to those terms in order to send units in for repair.
So it's okay for them to steal your stuff if they announce it in advance?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo warns you that any accessories you send in will not be returned (along with your box), and you agree to those terms in order to send units in for repair.
What the hell kind of logic is that? They tell you ahead of time that anything you send them other than the unit itself will not be returned.
I'm not talking something buried in a 5-page document. It's in the packing instructions. I've done it,

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
In that case I will call my bank to tell them to robbing them in about an hour.

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
What the hell kind of logic is that? They tell you ahead of time that anything you send them other than the unit itself will not be returned.
Is there a way to get your stuff back?
Idunno', I'm too lazy to look up laws regarding what happens when you mail somebody something you didn't mean to, if they're forced to send it back or not (since that's what this situation is about).

Given that in this case they're pretty clear that you should be sending only the DS unit itself (the instructions Nintendo mailed me even said to not use the original DSi box), I'd think this falls under "the law's not going to save you from being a dumbass" territory.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Idunno', I'm too lazy to look up laws regarding what happens when you mail somebody something you didn't mean to, if they're forced to send it back or not (since that's what this situation is about).
Would they return it if you went to pick it up yourself?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, the only people I've seen in this situation are people who mailed in their units with a flash cart, and that's not a good idea to go try to get back.

xXMortalKombatXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know, the only people I've seen in this situation are people who mailed in their units with a flash cart, and that's not a good idea to go try to get back.

lol nintendo would be so pissed off that they would send back the flashcart inside this:

mentoscoketroll.jpg

xerxes16439

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Umm...ok? Anyways i just sent in my 3DS too, I read that if they cant fix fix it, they sent you a brand new one, yay!

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all. After posting, I noticed that my Spam folder in my email had a message, and it was one from Nintendo that described the way to ship my 3DS for repairs, including what shouldn't be included. Odd that it came after the actual shipping label email and was put in my spam folder.
Yeah, when I had to ship my 3DS in, I noticed that too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.