Hacking semi bricked trouble really need help

notacomputergeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HI guys,

Really need help here, got an old wii (USA) with a D2c chip, dont know wich firmaware i had, but kids installed an update from "Cars 2" game, but Pal. Found out its a ios56 so guess now its a 4.3e firmware.

Now im semi bricked as I cant get into my settings to make sure, but search the net for the last 3 days (non stop). I do not have any of the hackmii, homebrew, bootmii or priiloader installed. on the other hand, have a neogamma sd that seems to work !!!!

Tried to install letterbomb for hoebrew 4.3u, but when i try to open the letter, it frose there.....

please someone help me (as my kids drive me nuts lol)... Need to unbrixk it and make it safe with tose priiloader and bootmii to void that in the future...

Thanks in advance...

Frank

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The exploits usually work best with a normal sd card (not a sdhc). Cards < 4Gig are regular sd cards. Which one did you use to try the letterbomb?
How did you obtain the mac adress of your wii wifi adapter? What is still working, and what isn't working anymore on your wii? This information might help to obtain a solution.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The exploits usually work best with a normal sd card (not a sdhc). Cards < 4Gig are regular sd cards. Which one did you use to try the letterbomb?
How did you obtain the mac adress of your wii wifi adapter? What is still working, and what isn't working anymore on your wii? This information might help to obtain a solution.
It's 2GB or less that work most of the time.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
SDHC memory cards had great issue on homebrew applications (HBC for example. You need to restart HBC just to show up the apps. WiiMC causes to DSI error, or WADS not showing up on MMM causing an error a SD card is not inserted), havent used yet a SDHC card to modify my WIi (since most of the guide "MauiMod guide to be specific" recommend a non-SDHC card while modifying Wii) yet so I cant really tell what's the difference.

Hope it helps.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just Google for 4Gig regular SD cards and you will see they exist.

System menu's below 4.1 (or 4.0 don't know for sure) couldn't handle sdhc cards. Maybe older versions of devkitppc (libogc) had problems with them as well.
At this moment, sdhc cards shouldn't be a problem anymore for that. One exception I have seen is bootmii @ boot2. Sometimes, it can't find an inserted sdhc card.
I never had any issues with a regular sd card. It's probably a timing issue. Some brand of sdhc cards worked fine, and others sometimes gave problems.
A software exploit is usually run by the system menu from the sd card. So, if the system menu can't handle sdhc, the exploit likely won't work.
Let's just say compatibility with non sdhc cards is better, and they are so cheap nowadays, that there are no excuses not to purchase one.

A micro sd card is just an sd card in another form factor. The adapters don't contain any electronics. So, a micro sd card should work the same as an sd card.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
Just Google for 4Gig regular SD cards and you will see they exist.
well thats true, but those SD cards are barely supported on the device that only supports SD cards (non-SDHC). One thing I had here is a flashcart on GBA that only supports SD card, and most cell-phones, both of them only supports 2GB.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It are usually older devices that don't support sdhc. The difference is only a software one, so sometimes updating the device firmware (if possible) fixes the issue.
Most manufactures don't care about making their older devices compatible. There is no profit in it for them.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Regardless, letterbomb is fully compatible with SDHC - if the system menu can see the SD card so can the exploit. If it freezes when clicking the letter it means you selected the wrong region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol