semi-bricked my Vita (I've no clue how to fix issue)

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by dragonz, Sep 3, 2018.

1. dragonz
    OP

dragonz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    United States
    I currently have psvita TV , enso + 3.60
    I was able to install outrun cannonball.vpk ( it's a racing game someone made out of some arcade game from the 80s)

Now , everything was working fine until one day I expererience a bad crash that re-arranged all my bubbles
    ever since all my bubbles worked but not cannon ball so I tried to delete and reinstall but I kept seeing this error
    c0 -152 (something) and kept asking me to either format or restart - but the thing is I couldnt get back to the livescreen anymore
    until I rebuid the data base. (scary btw)

I was finally able to delete cannon ball by manually deleting it from the app folder in ur0, ux0 and anywhere that I could find it.
    so once that was done I tried reinstall it but I got the crash again - so I'm unable to reinstall and now delete (again) cannonball
    no matter what I try.

TLDR: I installed cannonball.vpk , one day I experienced a random crash, everything was fine except I cant delete and reinstall cannonball.vpk anymore.
    I need help in figuring out how completely delete an install the .VPK so I can install it again and everything goes back to normal.

2. Metoroid0

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    Japan
    SR388
    I just wanted to say that i got That game installed and i did not experienced anything like that on my vita.
    I know this doesn't help much but it narrows your research on issue. Good luck!

If i come across something ill post here...

One question though...Where did you obtained the VPK and data files for the game?

3. dragonz
    OP

dragonz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    United States
    It's not cannonball.vpk fault (I download that from the original source)
    it more has to do with my vita crashing when I was playing retroarch then suddendly all my bubbles were re-arranged- but they still managed to work.

Except cannonball.

This thread in a nutshell is more about , how can I fully uninstall cannonball.vpk when I cant really do it from the content manager
    or by simply deleting the cannon ball folders from shell.

[​IMG]

I guess when I installed cannonball.vpk , there were other components that altered my current set up,
    so I'm trying to manually revert them back to before cannon ball was installed.

4. dragonz
    OP

dragonz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    United States
    UPDATE (FIXED PROBLEM)

and I guess this applies to any pesky bubbles that wont delete in your vita or are causing the co-15008-4 issue.

How I realize the issue: I first unchecked hide important system files in the folder options on windows (my is 10)
    then I realize there was a folder called TEMP inside the folder was game/ and a few of the culprit cannoball folders left.

I tried to delete them using windows , then shell, then I realize by googling that - these pesky files were corrupted and not even windows
    could delete them.

Solution:

What I did was run check disk using windows
    on my USB to check and repair errors and it successfully did it and I was able to reinstall it again and everything works perfect.

Metoroid0 and kbf like this.