semi-brick.... someone help?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by notacomputergeek, Dec 21, 2011.

Dec 21, 2011
  1. notacomputergeek
    OP

Newcomer notacomputergeek Newbie

Canada
    Hi everyone,

I have a NTSC US wii and a D2ckey modchip. everything worked perfectly till last week when i put in the game "Cars 2" cd (didnt know was a PAL version) and made the update.... Since then i can't access my setting (getting the Opera website page).... and cant get some old games to work either...

Checked on the net, seems to be a frequent or commun problem... Tried to find a newer game with an upgrade on it.. so I downloaded "TinTin" (NTSC this tiime) that was released a couple weeks ago. Had an upgrade on it, installed it, but still have the same problem....

So, as im not a computer "geek" or game console "wizzard" (wii is for my kids) is there a simple way to resolve the matter?? Like an .iso download that could reset the wii or something like that???? Something that is not to complicated or explained to me too technically as i found some stuff on the net already...

please someone help me.... (kids are on my back everyday since to make it work...lol)

Thanx in advance.

Frank

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    The only simple way to resolve the matter would be to restore your bootmii backup. But I doubt it'll work for you, as you probably would have done that if you had a recent one (or one at all) in the first place.

I can't say much more, I'm afraid. I don't know anything about modchips. I could have told you that upgrading to a newer firmware isn't going to make backup playable again (erm...did you really expected that?).
    Downgrading most likely won't help either. The best i can think of is trying to find out what that modchip really needs to work and make sure it has THAT. It may involve (re)installing some cIOS, or darkcorp or something. I dunno...it's your modchip, dude. Doesn't it come with some explanation or something?

Softmodding is always an option as well. It won't get in the way of the chip (especially not if you go for playing games from an USB drive).