Semi-Brick - Can't Access Wii Settings - Get Opera Help Page

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Chameleo, May 11, 2010.

1. Chameleo
    OP

Newcomer Chameleo Newbie

Canada
    Hi guys.

I have a Wii with a Wiikey original installed - bought and chipped in launch week.

I did some stuff to it, installed homebrew channel so i could play games off a USB harddrive - i tested it and it worked - but never really used it. I stopped playing my wii for about 6-8 months, and now want to play Monster Hunter Tri.

I can play Monster Hunter Tri, but i can't access my Wii "settings" to set up my wifi settings.

It gives me an opera error page.

I think I am using the latest firmware b/c I rented NSMB Wii, and when i popped it in, nothing happened and the game worked. The .iso version works too.

thanks for any advice you guys may have. [​IMG]

2. Chameleo
    OP

Newcomer Chameleo Newbie

Canada
    so just to be clear, i can play monster hunter tri - but not online. >_<

and New super mario bros works on my console, both the copy and the original. but neither install the update.

and i can't access my settings b/c of an opera error page....

so weird. so i don't even know what version my firmware is.

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    First, make a nand backup using bootmii in case you somehow make the problem worse u can always revert to your current state (if u don't have bootmii, install it as boot2)

Then I would try reinstalling your SM and SM IOS

if that doesn't fix it, try restoring an old nand backup taken from before the problem began (if u have one)

if that doesn't work, I would try comex's nand formatter... if that doesn't work, try betwiin... you need to research thoroughly how to use these apps, but do not worry, with bootmii as boot2 (which u should have since its a launch wii) u can recover from any screw-ups you may make while learning how to use this app (be sure u have a nand backup!!!)

4. Chameleo
    OP

Newcomer Chameleo Newbie

Canada
    i have no idea what you are saying.

isn't there an easy-fix? i.e. a disk i can pop in or something?

are there links and instructions for the suggestions you have?

man i am so out of the loop.

5. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Since you have a Wiikey, you should be able to download an "Autoboot WAD Manager" (google for it) and reinstall your SystemMenu WAD from there (which you can download from NUS Downloader). That should fix the semi-brick.