Hacking Selling my Hacked Wii (possibly)

JHardin1112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendofuse.com
XP
Country
United States
What would you guys sell your systems for based on the information below? I am thinking of selling my console on eBay or Craigslist and I just don't know how much to list it for. I am not trying to sell this to anyone on GBATEMP, I apologize if I come across that way (Thank you SifJar!). I only want to know what you guys would try selling yours for if you were in my situation.

BEGIN DESCRIPTION: I have a "hacked" Wii with BootMii as boot2 and Homebrew Channel installed. I have the original box and manuals and the cords. I am also throwing in the Wii Speak Microphone and Wii Sports + Wii Fit. : END DESCRIPTION

Thank you for your replies and your input.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This isn't the place for this IMO. And the only reason anyone would buy that IMO is the BootMii/boot2 ability, but probably many used Wiis on eBay etc. have that. The fact it is "hacked" is irrelevant IMO, it takes about half an hour to do that.

JHardin1112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendofuse.com
XP
Country
United States
SifJar, that is what I figured. I realize it is irrelevant to people like us that it is hacked. Hacking it was as easy as following directions. All I want is to know how much you would post the console for if you were listing it on Ebay or Craigslist.

As for this not being the place for it, thank you I will edit my first post in just a minute to reflect this.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
just $100? Its worth so much more than that! Its pretty hard to find bootmii @ boot2 wii's these days (which should also be capable of playing backup discs, including gamecube games), so just for the console alone (+ cables) I would say its worth approx. $150 (if it didn't have bootmii @ boot2, I would say 100-120)

A brand new Wii Fit costs $100, so your used one will prolly be worth about 50 or 60.

Your softmods add zero value, since its free and really easy to do that anyways.

So for everything u list above I would say $200 is a fair price

PS. all prices I mention are in Cdn $'s (which right now is almost at par with the US dollar)

PPS. I'm not interested, I just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

JHardin1112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendofuse.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
just $100? Its worth so much more than that! Its pretty hard to find bootmii @ boot2 wii's these days (which should also be capable of playing backup discs, including gamecube games), so just for the console alone (+ cables) I would say its worth approx. $150 (if it didn't have bootmii @ boot2, I would say 100-120)

A brand new Wii Fit costs $100, so your used one will prolly be worth about 50 or 60.

Your softmods add zero value, since its free and really easy to do that anyways.

So for everything u list above I would say $200 is a fair price

PS. all prices I mention are in Cdn $'s (which right now is almost at par with the US dollar)

PPS. I'm not interested, I just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Hey XFlak, thank you for your input. I saw some people on Craigslist trying to sell theirs for $300 and I'm thinking that's not worth it. I figure if I do end up selling it, I want to purchase new red wii bundle coming out in November.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i sold my dsl on craigslist, i simply listed it as a dsl with ~500 ds games, and 1100+ gba games. it went for 200, and this was after the dsi launched.

i took pictures of the ds with the R4 in it, with a close-up so people could see the microSD slot.

if/when i sell my dsi, i'll actually say that it comes with the m3i0. the games (burnt to discs) will be an unannounced bonus.

and i'll sell it for enough to buy a 3ds with just a little left over.

if i were ever to sell my wii, i would state it is modded, and completely up to date (because mine is). i would list a hard drive that i happen to be selling as well. they could have just the modded wii, or the wii and hard drive.

typically, you want to sell something for around 60-75% of its store value. but since it's modded, you can easily sell it for 350+. depends how bad you want to get rid of it, or how much profit you want to try and make.

again, if it were mine, it would be a wii, 3 remotes, 2 motion+, 2 nunchucks, 1 classic controller, and a 500 GB HDD. i have legitimate games, as well. i could probably ask 300, unmodded and without the hdd. with the hdd, and the ability to play 50+ games without disc swapping, 350-400 easy. i'd try 400 and see if it sells. odds are it would. i would then put a file on the SD card explaining how everything works.

and i usually drop this site as a reference when they eventually have questions.

you'll also have much better luck outside of this site, because then the mods will have a value.

JHardin1112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendofuse.com
XP
Country
United States
Also, I think the system is worth more than $100. And I'm sure you can find a boot2 bootmii wii on ebay or elsewhere but when I try to search on Ebay, I don't see much of anything relating to that. But I admit that could be because I may not be using the correct keywords to search on it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Most people selling hacks wii's on craigslist are also selling harddrives full of pirates games.... and for some reason they think they deserve more cash for selling things they don't even own (pirates are bad enough... but if there's one thing I hate more than anything, its a greedy pirate!). I know craigslist is constantly removing ads like this, but as fast as they take them down, new ones pop up in their place.

But yea, $300 is ridiculous! For $300 it had better come with a mail order bride or something, lol, jks jks

JHardin1112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendofuse.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Most people selling hacks wii's on craigslist are also selling harddrives full of pirates games.... and for some reason they think they deserve more cash for selling things they don't even own (pirates are bad enough... but if there's one thing I hate more than anything, its a greedy pirate!). I know craigslist is constantly removing ads like this, but as fast as they take them down, new ones pop up in their place.

But yea, $300 is ridiculous! For $300 it had better come with a mail order bride or something, lol, jks jks

Ha ha! So true man. I don't download games and I'm not saying anything about anyone that does. I just don't do it. So I won't be selling my hard drive with my wii, I use it for personal files too. I was considering listing it for $250 on craigslist and seeing after haggling what I can get for it. I'm just not entirely sure if it is worth it. I really do want the new red bundle wii.

JHardin1112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendofuse.com
XP
Country
United States
sweenish said:
when i sold my dsl on craigslist, i simply listed it as a dsl with ~500 ds games, and 1100+ gba games. it went for 200, and this was after the dsi launched.

i took pictures of the ds with the R4 in it, with a close-up so people could see the microSD slot.

if/when i sell my dsi, i'll actually say that it comes with the m3i0. the games (burnt to discs) will be an unannounced bonus.

and i'll sell it for enough to buy a 3ds with just a little left over.

if i were ever to sell my wii, i would state it is modded, and completely up to date (because mine is). i would list a hard drive that i happen to be selling as well. they could have just the modded wii, or the wii and hard drive.

typically, you want to sell something for around 60-75% of its store value. but since it's modded, you can easily sell it for 350+. depends how bad you want to get rid of it, or how much profit you want to try and make.

again, if it were mine, it would be a wii, 3 remotes, 2 motion+, 2 nunchucks, 1 classic controller, and a 500 GB HDD. i have legitimate games, as well. i could probably ask 300, unmodded and without the hdd. with the hdd, and the ability to play 50+ games without disc swapping, 350-400 easy. i'd try 400 and see if it sells. odds are it would. i would then put a file on the SD card explaining how everything works.

and i usually drop this site as a reference when they eventually have questions.

you'll also have much better luck outside of this site, because then the mods will have a value.

Sweenish, man I like your numbers
yaywii.gif
but that might be just a bit too high for me to list at. I would love to make over $300 on it, but I believe it would come down to how much people who are too scared to "hack" a Wii are willing to pay for one that has already been "hacked".

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're not selling so much to people too scared to do it, as you are soccer moms or other parents that simply don't know how, but want the convenience of it.

the person i sold my dsl to actually enjoyed the idea of the flashcart because it wouldn't have to leave the ds, and her kids wouldn't lose games. parents can enjoy having games on a hard drive (pirate or no) just because then discs aren't scratched or broken.

selling mine in it's current form would be tough. my games are split between a normal softmod and uneek+di. vc and wiiware on the sd card, and only playable through the normal softmod.

you have to set it up to be as idiot-proof as possible. as much self-updating homebrew (through the app or hbb) as possible, everything already up to date and working, and dead simple instructions for them to put new games on it.

and a higher price tag is a lot easier when you have games library at your back. if you're not selling the hdd, then 300 is very reasonable.

JHardin1112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendofuse.com
XP
Country
United States
BurritoBoy9984 - No I am not selling the board, I still own Wii Fit Plus so I'd like to keep the board.

Sweenish - You make a valid point and yes I agree with you. One of the reasons I enjoy using a hard drive and WiiFlow to load my games is because my 2 1/2 year old son has gotten ahold of some of my games (my fault for leaving them out) and he took them out because he wanted to play them. The problem of course is that he scratches them or comes close to doing so. So I understand your point and agree with you.

Right now the console as I mentioned has bootmii as boot2, but I also have priiloader installed with the block updates and the other hacks just in case.

I think I will try listing it as $300 on Craigslist and of course if anyone is interested they may want to haggle so the price will probably come down. I will keep you guys posted if anyone actually purchases it.

Also, if this sale goes through and I end up getting the Red Wii Bundle, do you think it is worth it to use ModMii and "hack" that console just to use WiiFlow?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get more than $120 I will be shocked, good luck with it and let us know. I don't mean to be a pessimist, just being realistic.

-Erik

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
JHardin1112 said:
BurritoBoy9984 - No I am not selling the board, I still own Wii Fit Plus so I'd like to keep the board.

Sweenish - You make a valid point and yes I agree with you. One of the reasons I enjoy using a hard drive and WiiFlow to load my games is because my 2 1/2 year old son has gotten ahold of some of my games (my fault for leaving them out) and he took them out because he wanted to play them. The problem of course is that he scratches them or comes close to doing so. So I understand your point and agree with you.

Right now the console as I mentioned has bootmii as boot2, but I also have priiloader installed with the block updates and the other hacks just in case.

I think I will try listing it as $300 on Craigslist and of course if anyone is interested they may want to haggle so the price will probably come down. I will keep you guys posted if anyone actually purchases it.

Also, if this sale goes through and I end up getting the Red Wii Bundle, do you think it is worth it to use ModMii and "hack" that console just to use WiiFlow?
when u buy it it will have 4.3 installed so use indiana pwns to hack it install hbc and use wiiflow or usbgx

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most people don't know how, or are too afraid to mod their Wii so pointing out that it is already done would make a big difference. Say that it is safe to run, they don't need to worry about bricking it or getting banned. Make sure you say it plays burned games (you can even throw some in if it's on craig's list) and pad it with all the other crap you can do with a modded Wii. Just make it sound as appealing as you can.

Make a big deal about how it's doesn't have the new drive, and has the old boot2.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can manage around $120, people who don't know how to hack wii's and think it's the most difficult thing in the world and they know a wii can be hacked would be willing to pay for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...