Selling a 3ds xl on 4.5E

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by lurch77, Apr 1, 2014.

1. lurch77
    OP

lurch77 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2013
    I have a 3ds xl on 4.3.0-9E come with a gateway card I'm in the uk what is it worth? where can I sell it ebay is a no go they already removed it once. 1614473_10202957189546820_1143979564_o.jpg

2. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    If you would have made the post / offer more inviting, I suppose you can sell it here easily ;)

3. lambstone

lambstone No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.

Banned
    Aug 14, 2011
    Europe versions compared to Japanese and US versions are probably worth less primarily because of 4.x sets are more readily available?

It's so difficult trying to find a JP 4.x, its easier to find a US 4.x, its easiest to find a 4.x EU/AU set.

4. lurch77
    OP

lurch77 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2013
    it don't matter what region the console is gateway and its clones are region free my son has a US 4.5 console and plays the same roms is this one.

5. klim28

klim28 Hunter4Life

Jul 24, 2010
    LocLac village...
    I guess its the eshop that matters. You can download patches/updates for games like fantasy life, MH4, etc. Japan has tons of them I think.

6. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    I'd say €175 max.(150 pounds?) I'd say lower since It's just a normal 3DS XL and who knows if the next owner might just update it.

newersumm if he wants to sell it here he needs to have at least 100 posts and he needs to post it in the Trading Board.

7. Kyouhei

Kyouhei Official 任天堂 Lover

Aug 18, 2011
    Just pointing out this isn't the proper section, We have a trading section for accounts with 100+ Posts :S

8. Commoner

Commoner GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2013
    If you ever plan to use any multiplayer or streetpass feature, your console's region actually does matter. 3DS consoles from different regions generally can not play multiplayer together and playing games that do not belong to the region your console is locked to prevents any streetpass features from working.

The general rule of thumb is to get the version which people in your general vicinity are using.

The exception to this rule is if you absolutely must play games that is not available in your region and feel strongly about the street pass features for those games. Keep in mind though that you would be sacrificing the ability to play local multiplayer with anybody nearby purely for streetpass features for those specific games.

Also, as a previous post pointed out, eshop titles that are available for download will also differ by region. Historically though US region has gotten better deals compared to EU. Most notably there were the recent free Pokemon X/Y and free Zelda Four Swords offers.

9. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    might want to remove those smurf stickers first :P

Snailface likes this.